Four easy steps to e-learning
Step 1. Find a Course
Whether you know what course you want or simply would like to browse; it's easy!
Here are some ways you can quickly find the information you need:
- Click on the "Product List" option on the menu. That will show a complete list of all our courses.
- Enter a search term in the "search box" at the top of the page.
- Browse by Category. You can narrow the courses you browse through by selecting the sector you work in. Click on
"Products by category" in the menu to see the available categories.
STEP 2: Buy the course
When you've found the course you are looking for, you can make a secure payment online with most popular credit/debit
cards or via Paypal.
Simply click on the "buy it now" icon and have your card details at the ready.
You will now see a form which asks you for your personal and card details. All our
payments are dealt with by Worldpay; an important part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, one of the
biggest banking groups in the world, so you can be sure that your payment will be safe and secure. Here at Virtual College
we never even get to see your credit card details!
When you have completed the form simply click proceed to checkout. Once your payment is accepted,
you will be automatically setup as a learner in our system
and will immediately receive an email with your unique username, password and step by step
instruction on how to access your learning.
If you wish to purchase multiples of courses or would like to be invoiced, you can e-mail us on email@example.com or
call our support team on 01943-605976
STEP 3: Take the course
In the email we send you confirming your purchase has gone through, you will be given a
link to click on, that will launch the login screen. Simply type in the username and password we send you
in the email, click the submit button and you will see your individual learner record.
ll you need to do is click on the training button to launch your training course and
begin learning. A few things you might want to note as you are going through are:
- You will get a better learner experience if you have sound enabled.
Most computers come with speakers these days; but the narration will generally be written in text at
the bottom of the screen for you to read if you don't have sound enabled.
- If you have a very poor quality internet connection, then disabling sound will help, as even very short sound files
are quite large downloads
- The course is interactive and you may need to click on parts of the screen before you can advance. This will be obvious as the narration will
tell you what to do or the links will pulse and flash.
- The system will remember where you left off and take you back there, but you can go over any part of it as many times as you want to and take as long as you want.
- Some courses allow you to write your own notes for each page and print them off at the end or simply store them to access later any time you log in to your record.
- When you get to the end, you will be presented with an assessment to check your understanding. Don't worry; you can take this test as many times as you need to pass.
Our only concern is that when you have finished you are competent.
STEP 4: Your Certificate
For most courses you will be able to print your own certificate at the end of the test. But this does vary. For
example, our Food Safety & Hygiene (Level 2) courses include the option of a posted certificate, if you have chosen
this option the certificate is printed here at Virtual College and posted out within two working days. For other
courses, there is no certificate
Which of the above applies should be clearly indicated on the page showing the course details.