Virtual College Ltd is based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire. We are 28th in the top 100 fastest growing companies in Yorkshire. We provide e-learning to over 300 organisations and over 1.2 million learners nationally. We have a broad range of services we package and deliver to meet the specific needs of our customers including a directory of e-learning courses and modules on a comprehensive range of training topics and subjects, bespoke e-learning course development, a sophisticated learning and quality audit management system.
We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday). If you would like to apply for any of the vacancies below, or are interested in other roles with Virtual College, then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Nicky Calam, Human Resources – email@example.com
- Health & Social Care
- Business Enterprise
- Group Services
- To proactively manage portfolios of existing accounts with the aim of retaining their custom and maximising revenue and service opportunities.
- Developing new accounts to meet agreed new business revenues.
- Working with marketing to develop and deliver new business marketing campaigns.
- Project managing and contract managing accounts and service delivery commitments.
- Working with colleagues and customers to develop and implement creative service solutions to meet customers changing and developing needs.
The post holders will be required to work flexibly, in a dynamic environment. This position requires travel and staying away from home on a regular basis. A full, clean driving license and access to a car for work is an essential requirement of this position.
This role is for an experienced Front End Web Designer/Developer required to aid in the creation and maintenance of various web based projects within a busy and thriving environment. The candidate must have excellent design skills as well as high level competencies in the following web technologies:
- Excellent Modern Web Design Skills
The position will involve working alongside a team of busy web developers to design and build front end web interfaces for various websites and applications built using ASP.NET and MVC.NET, although knowledge of these technologies is not a necessity. Excellent design skills are essential as well as enthusiasm for modern web trends.
Mid-level .NET developer required for a successful e-learning development environment. Individual requires excellent organisational skills and strong understanding of programming ideologies. The position requires a strong competency in the following technologies:
- MVC 3+
- Entity Framework 4+
- SQL Server 2008+
- Visual Studio 2008+
- WCF (Not essential but useful)
The positions are permanent roles and will be a key part of the company’s development team working on new development projects as well as maintaining current systems. An excellent opportunity for an individual to develop some exciting new projects whilst using modern techniques using technology such as: MVC and Entity Framework.
Commercial experience would be preferred but a student developer that shows good initiative would also be considered.
Business Development Managers
We are looking for successful, target driven and enthusiastic sales professionals with a keen eye for customer service. Are you looking for a new challenge, working with an award winning provider of online learning solutions?
We have a broad range of services which we package to meet the specific needs of our customers. Due to continued success they are seeking applications from talented sales professionals or keen and motivated graduates who are keen to pursue a career in professional sales.
To be considered for the role, applicants will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Solid sales and business development experience
- Customer relationship building skills
- Strategic thinker
- Good commercial acumen
We are looking for Imaginative, visionary, enthusiastic, creative individuals who can work in a high pressured environment. To be considered for the role you will be able to achieve the following:
- High class accurate storyboards for development into e-learning.
- Liaising with customers, working in group or individually.
- Developing concepts, approaches and storyboards for ultimate development into e-learning, Flash or HTML modules,
- Developing concepts and approaches for storyline or other authoring tools.
- A strong educated background possibly experienced in proofing, authoring, writing or other communications.
- Work to deadlines and targets.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Research and collect information and references relevant to module.
- Keep accurate and up to date time sheets.
- Keep up to date with multimedia trends.
- Review and be reviewed on work processes and identify improvements.
We have other vacancies within the Company, so if you do not see the a role you are interested in above, please send your CV and covering letter (explaining what area of the business interests you) to Nicky Calam, Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org