Virtual College Ltd is based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire. We are 28th in the top 100 fastest growing companies in Yorkshire. We provide e-learning to over 300 organisations and over 1.5 million learners nationally. We have a broad range of services we package and deliver to meet the specific needs of our customers including a directory of e-learning courses and modules on a comprehensive range of training topics and subjects, bespoke e-learning course development, a sophisticated learning and quality audit management system.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday). If you would like to apply for any of the vacancies below, or are interested in other roles with Virtual College, then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised.
We are an Equality & Diversity employer. No agencies please.
Read our Graduate Intern’s blog
- Health & Social Care
- Business & Education - Tactical Sales
- Business & Education - Strategic Sales
- Group Services
- Business Development Managers - £25,000 - £33,000
- Account Managers - £17,000 - £24,000
- Technical Projects Manager - £25,000 - £30,000
- Administrators - £14,000
- Trainee Digital Designers - £16,000
- Developers - £24,000 - £45,000
- Sales Coordinator - £18,000 - £19,000
- Bid Writer - c£25,000
- Product Development Coordinator - £16,000
- Graduate Interns
Business Development Managers
We are looking for a skilled consultative salesperson/BDM to join our close knit team. You will be required to meet the following skills, experience and hold the following key attributes:
- Sales of e-learning and online management tools
- Work tenaciously to agreed targets
- Development of strategic business plans to exploit new markets in the health and social care sector
- Develop key links to agencies, charities and industry leaders in your sector
- To be able to manage small to medium scale projects to ensure successful handover and on boarding of your customers
- Working with the marketing team to ensure that all products and services are promoted successfully
- IT literate, creating slick presentations with an understanding of Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good attention to detail
- Experienced, Solution led salesperson with a proven track record of B2B sales
- Target driven with strategic and relationship building skills
- Excellent commercial acumen, good understanding of both short/ long term business goals taking into account income and costs to maximise profits
- A positive, confident and friendly demeanour
- Self-starting and driven, being able to work independently and as part of a focussed team
- A track record of selling to the education sector or similar is desirable but not essential
- A full clean driving licence and access to a car for work is an essential requirement of this position.
Positions are available within our Business & Education Division and our Health & Social Care Division
The Role for both
- You will build strong relationships through taking a consultative approach in order to deliver the outcomes, products and services that the customer need.
- You will need to write simple reports and provide management information to your team manager and your customers.
- You will work with the team to spot new business opportunities and be responsible for closing new business.
- You will work with the team and manager to execute sales plans to meet the team and personal sales targets.
Health & Social Care Account Manager
- You will engage with different agencies in the sector including charities, Health, Education, Police and Safeguarding children boards so that you understand the sector and are better able to sell to them.
- You will manage existing customers from both the public and private sector, you will work with a support administrator to analyse usage of the products and provide reports to the customer on return on investment.
- You will train and present to customers on how to use the products and services so that they get best value from what they have bought.
Business & Education Account Manager
- You will work with customers from the private sector including Hospitality and Leisure, Retail, Construction, Engineering, Professional Services and on occasion the public sector such as councils.
- You will work closely with the Service Delivery team to ensure that products and services are delivered in line with our service level agreement.
Key Attributes and Requirements
- There will be some overnight stays and travel across the UK to meet your customers
- IT Literate, you must be able to create presentations and have a working understanding of Excel and Word.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels with good attention to detail.
- A strong customer focus and ability to build relationships to continue customer engagement with our products and services.
- Passion, tenacity and drive to meet individual and team targets.
- Positive, confident and friendly demeanour with high level of integrity will be essential for you to fit into the company culture of this friendly yet ambitious and driven organisation.
- Self driven and trustworthy with the ability to work independently and as part of a focussed team.
- Confident in presenting at all levels, to a range of different organisations
Full training on our products will be given. In recognition that this is a developing role; there will be a clear progression route depending on experience and ability to meet targets you will be given the opportunity to progress through a clearly defined set of competencies and reward structure. For gifted Account Managers, there will be further opportunities to progress to higher graded sales roles as our expanding business demands. This is an interesting and complex role that will impart a broad range of skills and help you to build your career path. You must have access to a car and a full drivers licence.
Technical Projects Manager
Reporting to the Operations Director you will be required to manage the smooth running of our existing products – trouble shooting escalated issues where necessary – conducting investigations and coordinating input from appropriate teams to formulate an action plan to resolve the issues. You will also be required to work on specifications for new project developments with the CEO and Operations Director.
- Create detailed technical specifications for larger technical development projects that feed into the development teams Sprints
- To investigate and trouble shoot recurring or major issues affecting our online learners or the systems they are using
- Facilitating and coordinating input from appropriate teams: Developers; QA; Learner Support; Design/Content Development; IT Infrastructure; Divisions etc
- Product Owner for a new development where required
- Work on short/medium term special projects as they arise
- Work with divisional teams to understand their technical needs
- Ensure communications to divisions and customers are carried out in a timely and professional manner
- Working with: Operations Director, CEO, IT Development Manager, Technical Development Coordinator, IT Infrastructure & information Security Manager, QA Manager and Operations Manager, along with internal customers (2 divisions) as appropriate
- Technical administration (creating Promote sites, creating product shares and other admin tasks)
- To support the Technical Development Coordinator where needed
- The ability to read and understand technical specifications (as a non-programmer)
- The ability to communicate with relevant parties (both external and internal)
- The ability to learn new systems as introduced
- Excellent Microsoft office skills
- Project management knowledge in a technical environment is essential
- Detailed knowledge of our in-house products - desirable
We are looking for team members to join our Quality and Learner Support Department. This is a varied role and will require the following core skills and abilities.
- Excellent customer service skills, processing in a professional and efficient manner the requests coming over the phone and by email both from internal divisions and from external customers.
- The ability to work with sharp attention to detail, this will include proof-reading new modules and various internal documents.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent grasp of grammar and spelling as well as the concept of plain English.
- Excellent IT skills especially in Excel (creating formulas, reports and spreadsheets), Word, Outlook and the Internet.
- The ability to work on a variety of technical and administrative tasks, participation in Quality procedures and administration of the company's internal systems.
- The flexibility to undertake the new tasks as required on the ad hoc basis and if necessary to work under pressure without compromising the systems and processes that work.
- Working as part of a team looking for solutions on continuous improvement in company procedures and having the highest quality of service at the core of every task.
Trainee Digital Designers
This would be a first job after graduating.
We offer you the chance to work in a highly experienced studio environment to get hands-on-experience.
- Working on designing and developing e-learning courses
- Working to improve existing products
- Working as part of an in-house team on varied projects to produce visuals and concepts to full development
- Keeping up to date with new developments, technologies and ideas in the e-learning sector and implementing them
Experienced MVC.NET developer required for a successful e-learning development environment. Individual requires excellent organisational skills and strong understanding of programming ideologies. The position requires a strong competency in the following technologies:
- SQL/SQL Server 2008+
- Entity Framework
- Visual Studio 2008+
This is a permanent position, to work as a key part of the company’s development team working on our main live websites and applications. This role will involve developing advanced MVC.net applications with a modern User Interface using the latest front end technologies. This role requires an individual who is well motivated and works extremely well within a team, all projects are run in a SCRUM/Agile environment and require a great level of team work.
The overall aims and objectives of the role are to:
- To manage the day to day operation of the outbound Telesales team, to include motivating a sales team in achieving targets and developing new business
- Work with the team of Account Managers to ensure that handover of customers is competed upon customer reaching specified annual income spend
- Proactively manage a portfolio of existing customers
- Working with colleagues and customers to develop and implement creative service solutions to meet customers changing and developing needs
- Prioritise, implement and manage sales activity
- Managing existing customer account base
- Team Leader of outbound Telesales team
The post holder must be IT literate (ability to use E>nable and Excel to a high standard), excellent time management, organisational, communication and problem solving skills. Must understand the commercial need to raise revenue and manage costs as well as maintaining a positive attitude to achieving targets and business goals.
The post holder must also be personable, customer focused and be an excellent team builder with strong business acumen.
You will be responsible for identifying, developing and managing a range of bid, tender and funding opportunities on behalf of the strategic sales team (Business and Education Division).
You will be required to:
- Seek out and access bid opportunities
- Bid Sifting and allocation
- Bid tracking and monitoring
- Bid repository development and maintenance
- Bid authoring / submissions / communications
- Bid analysis and evaluation
- Handover and support
You will need:
- Bid writing skills and experience
- Research skills
- Presentation skills
- The ability to build strong professional relationships
- Experience of producing commercial quotes and proposals
- Project management and contract management skills
- To be self- motivated to achieve targets and objectives
Product Development Coordinator
You will be required to:
- Work with our in-house teams to meet customer deadlines
- Have good customer service
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Co-ordinating customers and in-house development teams
- Collating and acting on customer feedback
- Working to ensure project deadlines are met
- Working to ensure project costs and measurables are met
- Reviewing and analysing the success of different product implementations
Would suit those looking to progress to a Project Manager role.
Virtual College is committed to progression. There are a wide variety of roles available within the company. We are looking for an apprentice to demonstrate capabilities and would look to progress the right candidate. We have a history of progressing apprentices within the organisation.
Business Admin Apprentice
Working alongside the receptionist/administrator to carry out the day to day running of Group Services Operations which include:
- First point of contact for Virtual College telephone enquiries and able to understand daily whereabouts of staff and redirect accordingly.
- Meeting and greeting visitors, arranging parking, signing in/out, hospitality
- Ensure meeting rooms are prepared ready for visitors, including tidying throughout the day
- Ensuring reception and communal areas are kept clean and tidy
- Managing/helping with meeting room bookings
- Ordering and maintaining stationery stocks under manager supervision
- Distribution of incoming post and outgoing post on a daily basis, organising carriers as and when necessary, ensuring post between sites is dealt with efficiently.
- Booking out shared equipment and ensure safe and timely return
- Because of the changing nature of our business from time to time you may be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities as directed by management
Both roles will require the following skills:-
- A flexible attitude to work
- Good IT literacy skills and good techniques of telephone etiquette
- Good customer care practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills and an excellent grasp of grammar and spelling, and the concept of plain English and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Work to deadlines and targets within a high pressure customer facing environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
The roles will also include some ad hoc work for the Operations Director such as making travel arrangements and arranging meetings
Graduate interns – 20 Week Placements
We are currently looking for graduates who have recently qualified. Virtual College are working in partnership with Bradford Council's Education Employment and Enterprise Team through their routes into Work Graduate Programme. We are looking to fill the following roles:-
- Sales Graduate
- Bid Coordinator
If you are interested or know someone who is please email Bradford Council by contacting Linda Wilson, Work Placement Project Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply you have to be a graduate under 25 years old, live within the Bradford Metropolitan District and currently unemployed* or under employed and living in West Yorkshire. (*claiming Active benefits ie JSA)
We have other vacancies within the Company, so if you do not see the a role you are interested in above, please send your CV and covering letter (explaining what area of the business interests you) to Human Resources, at email@example.com