We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced sales individual to join our Direct Sales Team. This role will work closely with the Direct Sales Manager to generate new business sales opportunities and support returning customers through targeted outbound and inbound calls/emails and comprehensive marketing campaigns. The role offers great progression prospects with the opportunity to earn up to £30k OTE.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Build and maintain a strong new business sales pipeline through outbound calls
- Convert new business opportunities to achieve personal, team and divisional income targets
- Build strong business relationships with previous or existing customers
- Accurately define customer’s purchase trends
- Generate ongoing income from existing customers
- Self-qualify business opportunities against a sales quality assurance specification
- Be confident and efficient when using internal invoice creation and payment systems in line with data protection policies
- Update the CRM daily with all new sales activity
- Track and report on personal sales and pipeline
The post holder will be required to work flexibly, in a dynamic environment. It may be necessary to assist, or cover for, colleagues whenever operational needs arise. This position does not require extensive travel and staying away from home or a driving licence, although there may be times when you will be required to represent Virtual College and the Division at events and customer meetings.
- Outbound and inbound sales experience
- Experience and ability to demonstrate sales pipeline generation
- Cold calling experience preferable
- Excellent telephone manner, communication and written skills
- IT literate
- Self-motivated, proactive and resilient
- Excellent listening, rapport and relationship building skills
- Confident and the ability to meet and exceed your own sales targets
- Ability to work within a team
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work within procedures, standards and protocols
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Career Development opportunities in-line with a clear performance and ability framework
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter by sending an email to email@example.com before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers