Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2 million learners. Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values is integral to our success. We are looking for a self-motivated and pro-active Accounts Technician to join our existing Accounts department on a fixed term basis for approximately 6 months.
As an Accounts Technician you will report to the Financial Accountant, carrying out the day to day running of the Company accounts.
Key Accounts Technician duties:
- Being the first point of contact for both internal and external accounts queries
- Complete all administration of sales and purchase ledger processes
- Daily processing of bank statement, including allocating payments and receipts
- Producing month end income reports online and pro-forma sales
- Ensure the team meets moth end deadlines involving invoice runs and management accounts completion
- Calculate commission and maintain records on third party commissions
- Assist with the preparation of VAT returns, including partial exemption calculation, EC sales lists and MOSS
- Any other ad-hoc tasks as required by the Financial Accountant
- AAT qualified or working towards qualification
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Previous administrative and accounts experience
- Good knowledge of accounting and booking keeping
- Experience using accounting systems such as Sage or TAS
- Excellent MS Excel experience
So if you are looking to join a friendly accounts department and possess the skills to match the requirements of the role, then we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy then please send your CV and covering letter to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised.Closing Date: 28th February 2017