We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our existing Accounts Team. The primary aim of the role is to assist in the preparation of accurate, timely and informative accounts for the business. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-Learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn up to £30,000 per annum depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over two decades. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Management Accountant, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Cash flow management
- Make pro-active contribution to the improvement of financial processes within the department and across the group of businesses
- Preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts and re-forecasts
- Monthly reconciliation of deferred and accrued income
- Monthly reconciliation of all Payroll Balance sheet accounts
- Maintenance of the Tangible and Intangible FAR
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist with the preparation of consolidated accounts at year end
- AAT qualified
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, and the ability to work to deadlines
- IT skills, including working knowledge of Sage and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Mathematics and English GCSE Grade B or above
- Knowledge of current accounting issues
- Knowledge of preparing consolidated accounts, PAYE calculations and reporting
- Knowledge of VAT
- ECDL or equivalent level of computer knowledge
- Discretion, trustworthiness
- Detail conscious
- Experience of preparing monthly management and annual financial accounts for a business with separate divisions. Submission of VAT and ECSL returns.
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
Interested in the role of Assistant Accountant based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW