We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst who will assist us in being one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning. The Business Analyst is a new and vital role, and is responsible for identifying changes to the product that will increase its value and efficiency.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.9 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Work closely with the UX and Development teams to review requirements and backlog items
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer's needs
- Lead and facilitate workshops and meetings to discover and document requirements
- Produce specifications based on requirements discovered present to the development teams
- Actively manage internal and external stakeholders
- Accept or reject the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting
- Maintain a basic knowledge of software development
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities
- An understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Demonstrate commitment to keeping sensitive information confidential
- Business process modelling
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organisation
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Requirements discovery
- Experience in software product development
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high-quality results
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team environment
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.