We are looking for a second experienced Business Analyst to complement our growing Software Development team. This individual will work closely with our Business Analyst, Product Owners, UX and Development teams to review requirements and backlog items and will be responsible for identifying changes to our product that will increase its value and efficiency. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Product Manager (Technology), your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Interacting with businessstakeholders and various subject matter experts in order to understand the business needs, problems and issues we need to overcome.
- Gathering, documenting and analysing businessneeds and requirements.
- Designing and / or modifying the technical solution
- Preparing business cases and test cases
- Developing and managing the overall project scope and the acceptance process
- Ensuring the development and deployment meets the original scope and needs
- Mentoring other members of the team
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities
- An understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Demonstrate commitment to keeping sensitive information confidential
- Business process modelling
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organisation
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Requirements discovery
- Experience in software product development
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high-quality results
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team environment
- Minimum of three years’ experience working as a business analyst
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Business Analyst based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW