Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success. We are therefore looking for a passionate and tenacious business development manager to complement our existing Business to Business (B2B) division working in our Corporate Sales.
You will work closely with the Lead Manager / Divisional Director on new business strategy and development from identifying new market areas to drawing up and executing plans to exploit new market areas and products to generate significant new business sales. This role is office based but regular travel and overnight stays will be required.
You’ll need to have a full driving license with access to a car for this role but in return we offer fantastic development opportunities with a progression framework available for all Sales employees. This provides employees with an opportunity to progress and earn a basic salary of up to £27,000 with a fantastic uncapped commission structure available at all levels. All new sales employees will be provided with in-depth training upon their commencement of employment provided by our in-house Sales Academy.
- Generate new business leads through the development of effective sales strategies to identify and exploit key new market areas
- Arrange and deliver face-to-face sales presentations showcasing our technical products such as our Learning Management System (LMS), Enable.
- Develop proposals, quotes and tender documents as and when required
- Monitor and report on relationship developments and new business sales pipelines
- Liaise with the marketing department to create effective marketing campaigns
- Close new business opportunities efficiently and effectively
- Manage and deliver the effective hand over of new accounts to the relevant customer account manager.
- Attend seminars, shows and exhibitions as and when necessary
- Update the CRM daily with all new sales activity
- Experience of working in a B2B sales environment, preferably consultative selling
- Experience of working to sales targets and evidence of achieving/overachieving
- Ability to build solid working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Pro-active with a high level of commercial acumen
- Excellent telephone skills and comfortable making both cold and warm lead calls
- Ability to work on own initiative with the drive and motivation to succeed
- Excellent IT knowledge such as MS Excel, Word
- Quick learner who is technically savvy
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Career Development opportunities in line with a clear performance and progression framework
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please download and complete the application form and send it, along with your CV and details of your current salary, to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.Download application form View Careers