We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Developer who will be responsible for writing, coding, maintaining and supporting Business Intelligence Software Solutions within Virtual College. You will be joining a team and working closely with colleagues to deliver strategic projects which deliver business benefits and contribute to the direction of the company’s technology roadmap. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn a competitive salary.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the IT Development Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Contributing to and/or owning the development of Business Intelligence applications to ensure the team achieves its strategy of providing quality Business Intelligence Software Solutions to the business.
- Taking responsibility for planning, managing and delivering business intelligence software development projects on time and to budget.
- Adhering to agreed development methodologies throughout the development life cycle and ensuring that appropriate documentation is produced, to meet audit, ISO and industry requirements.
- Providing pre and post implementation (Business As Usual) support in order to ensure maximum availability of developed solutions with timely and accurate resolution of problems.
- Analysing and feedbacking back on business intelligence requirements / requests from the business.
- Providing 2nd and 3rd line business intelligence platform support.
- Working with key stakeholders and 3rd parties to aid in the delivery of key projects
- Proactively research Business Intelligence industry changes and enhancements to support the evolution of the business capabilities.
- Contributing to the business intelligence platform documentation
- Mentoring relevant colleagues to ensure business intelligence knowledge is shared throughout the business.
- Experience developing Kimball methodology Data Warehouses using the Microsoft Data Platform and Business Intelligence stack.
- Expert Microsoft Business Intelligence Architecture skills.
- Expert level developing and deploying SQL Server Integration Services in SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Expert level developing and deploying SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in SQL Server 2008 or later
- Experience developing, deploying and monitoring SQL Server Analysis Services in SQL Server 2008 or later (Multidimensional and Tabular (SQL Server 2012 and later))
- Experience designing SQL Server databases to support high-performance Business Intelligence (use of partitioning etc.)
- Good knowledge of T-SQL and SQL Server objects such as Stored Procedures, Table Valued Functions etc.
- Experience Creating Power BI reports and dashboards based on Multidimensional and Tabular models.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills with a keen eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience engaging with related departments to ensure that code delivered for deployment is well designed and meets performance standards.
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter who can work well independently but also as part of a team
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Certification
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in working within a BI Developer role
- Power BI Data Modelling
- MDX, DAX
- Microsoft Azure Business Intelligence Stack
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Business Intelligence Developer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW