We are looking for an individual to provide efficient and effective caretaking support to Virtual College and our building facilities based in Ilkley. You must be a flexible and reliable individual as much of the work will take place outside normal business hours. The position will be a permanent position and will involve a minimum of 10 hours per week.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.9 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Ensuring the grounds around both VC buildings are clean and tidy and free of rubbish, obstacles and hazards
- Ensuring the external smoking areas are clean and tidy
- Gritting car parking areas and walkways in poor weather
- Ensuring the exterior of the buildings are generally clean and safe
- Opening up and locking up the buildings
- Setting security alarms
- Putting car parking cones out as and when required
Other Building Support
- Overseeing out of hours maintenance works – opening up the building for maintenance contractors and overseeing out of hours works
- Disposing of non-commercial / confidential rubbish and waste
- Helping with furniture / office removals
- Low level maintenance tasks and supporting the handy man as required
- Taking out of hours calls / alarms issues and dealing with any out of hours building issues and problems
- Previous proven experience in a similar role and environment
- Previous experience in building maintenance and health & safety matters
- A good level of speaking, reading and writing English
- Well-organised and able to prioritise and manage time to meet business needs
- Good understanding of safe working practices and health and safety legislation
Attitude and Behaviours:
- Extremely flexible
- Positive and highly motivated individual with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Highly Reliable
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers