We have an exciting opportunity for a graduate to join our journey as a Market Research Executive. In this role you will be responsible for championing a data-driven approach to marketing. Using both quantitative and qualitative research, you will provide information to help Virtual College make informed decisions. In conjunction with other team members you will identify, quantify and define opportunities within existing and new markets and sectors.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.6 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Assisting throughout the entire lifecycle of a project, i.e. developing research proposals, analysing quantitative and qualitative data and reporting
- Assist with research into customers preferences, motivations, and buying behaviour
- Identify key competitors’ products and services – understanding strengths and weakness to assist the marketing team ascertain where Virtual College could gain a competitive advantage
- Carry out competitive analysis of industry sectors maintaining competitor files and library
- Assist in identifying, quantifying and defining market opportunities for products within existing market sectors and in new market sectors
- Research opportunities for product development that will fill a market need and generate commercial returns
- Assess and communicate actionable findings with a view to supporting the marketing team to achieve its ambitious goals
- Educated to degree level (2:1 or above) in a relevant subject area: Statistics, Marketing, Mathematics, Business, etc.
- Experience of gathering and analysing data from different sources
- Good understanding of the basics of market research
- A self-starter who has energy, drive and passion
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers