In line with our continuous growth, we are looking for an IT Support Analyst to complement our System Support team. This dedicated individual will have a passion for IT and have the determination and aspiration to develop their career further. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region of £24,000 depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Systems Support Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Being the first line of support for all internal IT support calls, adhering to relevant SLAs and escalating calls where necessary.
- Carrying out new PC installs in line with company documentation, desk moves and assisting the Infrastructure team with new server installs.
- Assist in fixing company printers and working with engineers where needed.
- Maintaining and upkeeping the company hardware inventory and providing regular reports to managers.
- Rotate backup tapes in line with policies to ensure regular recoverable data.
- Ensuring IT policies and procedures are updated in line with changes in infrastructure, practices or legislation.
- Purchasing IT equipment as requested/approved by directors working closely with vendors and accounts teams.
- Maintaining documentation detailing current system configurations, fixes and processes.
- Assisting the IT Infrastructure team in supporting/monitoring PRTG Network Monitor and Netwrix Auditing softwares.
- Assisting the IT Infrastructure team in providing support with the company’s virtualised solution utilising VMWare, SANs and NAS boxes.
- Experience managing a support ticketing system.
- Experience working with all modern versions of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, etc.
- Skilled with backup plans and technologies (preferably Backup Exec)
- Exposure to Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online.
- A desire to further own knowledge and embrace new technologies within a strict change control driven environment ensuring a polite and helpful disposition at all times.
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, Oracle VM VirtualBox.
- Experience of firewalls (preferably Barracuda or Smoothwall).
- Working within KPIs and to SLAs.
- Knowledge of the networking stack.
- Prior experience of firewalls and routers.
- Knowledge of storage layers e.g. SAN, NAS.
- Knowledge of modern monitoring systems such as PRTG.
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server and IIS.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Are you interested in the role of IT Support Analyst based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW