We are looking for an IT Systems Engineer to complement our existing IT Infrastructure team. We are looking for an individual who has a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region of £26,000 (depending on experience).
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Engineer, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- To be part of the first line of support for all company IT tickets adhering to relevant SLAs and to support other IT staff where necessary
- To ensure the phone system is fully functional and required features are present and usable
- To carry out new PC setups and installs
- To install client software as requested
- To carry out server administration including setting up of new users, email accounts, groups etc.
- To ensure IT policies and procedures are updated in line with changes in infrastructure, practices or legislation
- To purchase IT equipment as requested/approved by the CTO and ensure the asset register is up to date with all IT equipment present
- Monitor systems effectively to identify and be alerted of areas of concern and if possible address before failure
- Maintain documentation detailing current systems configuration
- Ensure all relevant data is backed up and stored securely
- Experience managing a support ticketing system (comparable to Spiceworks)
- Experience working with Windows 7-10, Server 2008-2016 operation systems
- Experience working with active directory, group policy etc.
- Skilled with backup plans and technologies (preferably Backup Exec)
- Excellent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online
- A desire to pursue a role as an IT Professional, embracing new technologies and adept at rapid learning and troubleshooting whilst working within a strict change control driven environment ensuring a polite and helpful disposition at all times
- Working within KPIs and to SLAs
- Knowledge of the networking stack
- Prior experience of firewalls and routers
- Knowledge of storage layers e.g. SAN, NAS
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V
- Knowledge of modern monitoring systems such as PRTG
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server and IIS
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training, contributory Pension Scheme and Simply Health Plan
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
Interested in the role of IT Systems Engineer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW