With our plans for growth the investment in technology means we are looking for an IT Systems Engineer to complement our existing IT Infrastructure team, we are looking for someone with experience in a similar role and keen to develop their own skills and grow alongside the business. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn up to £35,000 depending on experience.
Virtual College boasts over 3 million learners relying on a solid IT Infrastructure hosted at multiple datacentres utilising the latest technologies. Their Huawei hyper-converged private cloud solution is cutting edge and allows unparalleled growth for the company’s ambitious business plans.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Engineer your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing full support for physical servers and virtual servers
- Configuring, monitoring and maintaining the company’s infrastructure in Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Maintaining the company’s public cloud based services such as AWS and Azure, and the company’s private cloud based solution utilising Huawei FusionSphere.
- Providing support for the company Cisco Meraki WiFi system maintaining access points, policies and access control.
- Providing full support for the company hybrid mail solution
- Monitoring and highlighting issues on company servers using PRTG monitor and Dell OpenManage applications.
- Configuring and maintaining backups using BackupExec.
- Configuring and testing Windows Updates utilising WSUS application.
- Experience working with a support ticketing system.
- Experience working with Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, etc.
- Skilled with backup plans and technologies (preferably Backup Exec)
- Excellent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online.
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies
- Experience of firewalls and routers
- Knowledge of the networking stack
- Knowledge of storage layers e.g. SAN, NAS, SAS, iSCSI
- Knowledge of modern monitoring systems such as PRTG
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server and IIS
- Exposure to Linux operating systems.
- Exposure to Hyper-convergence.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you.
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development.
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff.”
- Matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance.
Are you interested in the role of IT Systems Engineer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW