We are currently recruiting for an IT Systems Engineer to complement our existing IT Infrastructure team. This role will work with the team to ensure the internal and datacentre IT Infrastructure of the business runs smoothly and efficiently, and staff are supported on IT issues to allow them to work with maximum efficiency and productivity. We are looking for an individual with experience in a similar role who is keen to develop their own skills and grow with the business. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the IT Infrastructure and Security Manager your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing full support for physical servers and virtual servers
- Configuring, monitoring and maintaining the company’s infrastructure in Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, and DHCP.
- Maintaining the company’s public cloud based services such as AWS and Azure, and the company’s private cloud based solution utilising Huawei FusionSphere.
- Providing support for the company Cisco Meraki WiFi system maintaining access points, policies and access control.
- Providing full support for the company hybrid mail solution
- Monitoring and highlighting issues on company servers using PRTG monitor and Dell OpenManage applications.
- Configuring and maintaining backups using BackupExec.
- Configuring and testing Windows Updates utilising WSUS application.
- Experience working with a support ticketing system.
- Experience working with Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems.
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, etc.
- Skilled with backup plans and technologies (preferably Backup Exec)
- Excellent knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office 365 and Exchange Online.
- Exposure to virtualisation technologies
- Experience of firewalls and routers
- Knowledge of the networking stack
- Knowledge of storage layers e.g. SAN, NAS, SAS, iSCSI
- Knowledge of modern monitoring systems such as PRTG
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL Server and IIS
- Exposure to Linux operating systems.
- Exposure to Hyper-convergence.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Are you interested in the role of IT Systems Engineer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW