We are currently recruiting for an experienced L&D Solutions Consultant to deliver high level learning and development proposals to win new clients and projects for Virtual College. You will be joining a team and working closely with colleagues and partner organisations to develop learning and development initiatives for our clients. The individual will provide high level educational and technical expertise for the design and development of new bespoke digital training solutions and ensure appropriate and effective eLearning educational methods are employed to meet customer objectives.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Analysing client specifications and collating relevant information to develop digital training concepts that meet client requirements.
- Designing profitable digital training programme proposals that can be implemented to time, quality and cost requirements.
- Proactively contacting HR and L&D professionals and providing a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges.
- Developing and shaping strong, professional relationships and partnerships to become a trusted L&D partner to clients.
- Representing Virtual College at key eLearning events including presenting and running seminars.
- Working with instructional designers, graphic designers and the wider content team to develop training prototypes and mock ups.
- Working with instructional designers, graphic designers, project managers and account managers to ensure the programme can be implemented effectively.
- Working with partner organisations to develop blended training programmes or to strengthen Virtual College’s proposal.
- Bringing complex digital solutions to life through proposals and presentations, including presenting commercial metrics.
- Capturing business requirements, understanding learning objectives and translating these into compelling digital training solutions.
- Gathering feedback and intelligence to refine training programmes.
- Providing a chargeable consultancy service to clients.
- Working with colleagues in marketing to develop the image of bespoke e-learning at Virtual College.
- Working with clients to set KPIs and helping them measure the benefit and ROI of the learning solutions.
- Upskilling colleagues to develop training concepts and proposals.
- Coaching others on bespoke training programmes and how to present these in market and managing the pipeline of bespoke opportunities where appropriate.
- Working as part of the sales team and wider Virtual College team - contributing ideas to support the organisation to meet business plan priorities, targets and milestones.
- Supporting other Virtual College activities that fall within the role’s capabilities as directed by your line manager.
- Working within ISO frameworks and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative or business partner role, working with either internal or external client environment
- Knowledge and awareness of learning & development and learning technology trends
- Knowledge of the wider corporate L&D and education market
- Understands instructional design and training programme design methodologies
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Learning & Development Solutions Consultant based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW