We are currently recruiting for an exciting position as a Test Manager within our Technical Development team. You will be managing a small team of Testers and Performance Testers and will play a key part in the development of our key products. You will work closely with the wider Business Solution and Technology team to ensure that each feature is tested correctly and help to eliminate any issues in the development phase. The Test Manager is involved in every stage of the development lifecycle and has excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn a competitive salary.
This role is permanent however we are also keen to consider applications from contractors who are available immediately and are looking for a short-term contract (likely to be a maximum of three months).
Who are we:
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
- Working closely with Product Owners, Designers, Software Architects, Developers and other Test Team Members during sprints to ensure that each feature is tested correctly and help to eliminate any potential issues in the development life cycle
- Delegating, coordinating and monitoring testing during the development phase
- Managing and mentoring test team members
- Managing, planning and preparing tests in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process
- Preparing and reviewing test strategies, plans and procedures for each project
- Producing documentation to achieve the level of testing standards required
- Liaising with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues
- Working with external third parties
- Implementing and utilising automated testing techniques
- Using relevant software to performance test applications
- Must be trained to ISEB or ISTQB QA standards
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a Quality Assurance management role
- Previous experience in managing and mentoring testing teams
- Experienced in practices and methods for managing test plans and regression test suites
- Experience in writing automated tests using Selenium Web Driver
- Previous experience working within an Agile Scrum environment
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience of the software release process
- Excellent organisational skills to ensure deadlines are met and requirements are delivered accurately
- Experience with TFS
- Working with Performance, Stress, Load testing tools
- Knowledge of HTML
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Test Manager based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW