We are looking for an experienced bid and/or funding professional who will increase revenue by sourcing, authoring and winning bids and funding submissions. This individual will identify new opportunities for digital learning projects by finding relevant external funding sources and revenue streams and will work to challenging revenue targets. You will be joining a team and communicating requirements, deadlines and expectations to the wider bid team and contributors. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn up to £38,000 per annum depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the funding landscape across key areas including, but not limited to skills development, education and training, healthcare, safeguarding, education and digital skills.
- Understanding how digital learning projects would meet the outcomes of funding criteria.
- Working with colleagues to understand how the funding available would support business development activity across Virtual College.
- Researching and developing relationships with partner organisations with whom we can submit joint applications.
- Making recommendations for business development strategies in response to the funding landscape across key areas of expertise.
- Analysing specifications to gather all relevant information to develop digital training solutions that meet client requirements.
- Developing ideas and concepts to meet the need of specifications and working across the organisation to ensure the proposed solution is sustainable and commercially viable.
- Working with partner organisations to develop blended training programmes or to strengthen Virtual College’s proposals.
- Designing profitable digital training solutions that can be implemented to time, quality and cost requirements.
- Authoring proposals to be submitted as part of a bid/tender/funding application and presentation.
- Working with instructional designers, graphic designers, project managers and account managers to ensure the programme can be implemented effectively.
- Managing deadlines of funding or bid applications where appropriate.
- Developing and shaping strong, professional relationships and partnerships.
- Capturing business and funding requirements, understanding objectives and translating these into compelling digital training solutions.
- Communicating workload, requirements, deadlines and expectations to team members and bid contributors.
- Editing submissions from colleagues to ensure what is submitted is of the highest quality.
- Analysing results and implementing improvement measures across the team.
- Working as part of the sales team and wider Virtual College team - contributing ideas to support the organisation to meet business plan priorities, targets and milestones.
- Supporting other Virtual College activities that fall within the role’s capabilities as directed by your line manager.
- Working within ISO frameworks and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Experience in a similar funding application or bid writing role
- Experience working as part of a B2B sales / income generation function
- Understanding of the funding landscape in the UK and Overseas
- Experience working on education or training projects
- Experience sourcing own funding pots and revenue streams
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Consultant (Bids and Funding) based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW