We are looking for a Learning Technology Consultant to complement our existing sales team. The purpose of this role is to deliver high level learning and development proposals to clients to win new clients and projects for Virtual College The individual will work with colleagues and partner organisations to develop learning and development initiatives. They will provide high level sectoral, L&D and technical expertise for the design and development of new digital training solutions and ensure appropriate and effective eLearning educational methods are employed to meet customer objectives. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Having the ability to understand the sector landscape and what that means for training in the sector, both for immediate and future needs.
- Leading on strategy, policy, product and service recommendations and implementing associated activity plans to meet sales expectations.
- Understands how to maximise our products and services for the sector
- Understands the competitor landscape in the sector
- Generating leads and closing sales for learning technology solutions amounting to £250K in income in year.
- Consulting customers and partner organisations to be able to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets.
- Proactively contacting HR and L&D professionals and providing a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges.
- Working closely with the content development team to define processes for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback.
- Representing Virtual College at key eLearning events, including presenting and running seminars.
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience in a new business development role
- Experience in an account management role
- Experience securing order values of between £10K – 200K
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider e-learning market
- Knowledge of L&D
- Understands instructional design methodologies
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Consultant based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW