We are looking for a Learning Technology Consultant to complement our existing sales team. The purpose of this role is to deliver high level learning and development proposals to clients to win new clients for Virtual College The individual will work with colleagues and partner organisations to develop learning and development initiatives. They will provide high level sectoral, L&D and technical expertise for the deployment of our Ready to Go training solutions.
The successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn a competitive salary. There is scope for this role to be based remotely, with travel to our Ilkley offices when required.
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the sector landscape and what that means for training in the sector, both for immediate and future needs
- Leading on strategy, policy, product and service recommendations and implementing associated activity plans to meet sales expectations.
- Understanding how to maximise our products and services for the sector
- Understanding the competitor landscape in the sector
- Generating leads and closing sales for learning technology solutions amounting to £250K in income in year
- Consulting customers and partner organisations to be able to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets
- Proactively contacting HR and L&D professionals and providing a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges
- Working closely with the content development team to define processes for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback
- Representing Virtual College at key eLearning events, including presenting and running seminars
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider e-learning market
- Knowledge of the wider corporate L&D and education market
- Knowledge of learning management systems and in-depth knowledge of Enable
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience in a technical sales or training sales role
- Experience securing order values of between £50 – 250K
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Consultant based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW