We are looking for a number Learning Technology Consultants to complement our existing sales team. You will be joining a group of experts in the e-Learning industry that aim to inspire learning for all. We welcome experience from all sectors, however we would be keen to speak to people with a e-Learning, L&D, Healthcare, or Apprenticeship background. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region of £30,000 - £45,000 per annum.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. In the last 12 months we have won many awards including Gold at the Learning Technologies Awards.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Sales Manager, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Generates leads and closes sales for learning technology solutions amounting to £250K in income in year
- Designs, writes and submits high value proposals for learning technology solutions to support monthly targets
- Consults to customers and partner organisations to deliver high value contracts and clients and to open new markets
- Proactively contacts HR and L&D professionals, provides a consultancy driven service to recommend solutions to meet their learning challenges
- Provides high level educational and technical expertise for the design and development of new bespoke digital solutions and ensure appropriate and effective eLearning educational methods are employed to meet customer objectives
- Works closely with the content development team to define processes for the development of new bespoke digital and blended learning solutions in line with customer and partner feedback
- Represents Virtual College at key eLearning events, including presenting and running seminars
- Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with clients
- Takes responsibility for repeat business, renewals and up sales from existing customers
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience in a new business development role
- Experience in an account management role
- Experience securing order values of between £10K – 200K
- Experience selling to the healthcare or apprenticeship market
- Good understanding of the healthcare or apprenticeship sector
- Knowledge and awareness of educational and learning technology trends and good practice
- Knowledge of the wider e-learning market
- Knowledge of L&D
- Understands instructional design methodologies
- Knowledge of learning management systems
- Knowledge of authoring tools including Articulate Storyline
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff for the staff”
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Consultant based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.