We have a great opportunity for an experienced Multi-media Design Manager to join our journey in our Marketing Department. The overall objective of the role is to manage and produce creative visual materials that fit within the general agreed brand guidelines and assist in delivering marketing and sales objectives.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.6 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'. We are proud to be accredited by the Investors in People, an internationally recognised people management standard.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- To work with the Head of Marketing and strategic marketing team to improve the company’s communication externally including (but not exclusively) website, collateral, video and email
- To work with tactical sales to ensure the graphical representation of any product information and promotions is visually appropriate and fits within brand guidelines
- To Work with online sales to add value to their web proposition and resultant sales
- To be the custodian of the companies visual brand identity
- Web design – to be able to style up pages behind our CMS. Layout / conversion optimisation organising and structuring elements on a page to guide visitors towards a goal or conversion
- Develop new and amend existing collateral
- Coordinate the group requirements for major design jobs such as exhibitions
- Produce animated videos or manage external contractors to produce
- Develop an efficient system to balance and prioritise the multiple design based requirements and ensure visibility of all design work
- Supervision of staff where required
- Essential evidence of quality graphic design experience and skills
- Essential basic HTML/CSS skills
- Desirable evidence of quality video production experience and skills
- Desirable evidence of quality email production experience and skills
- Essential experience to an agreed standard in the use of Design - Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Desirable with - video - Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects Other - Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver
- Tenacious and action orientated
- Creative thinker
- Strong organisational skills and time management
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work calmly to tight deadlines
- The ability to develop and nurture internal relationships
- General marketing experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers