Virtual College are looking for four MVC.Net Developers to join our expanding team and play a key part in the development of all key products within an Agile Scrum environment. Reporting directly to the IT Development Manager, the developer role must have excellent coding skills to create robust applications with reusable code bases. Must be able to create effective web based applications to specification. Must also be able to work effectively and communicate well within an Agile Scrum environment.
You will be part of a successful, highly driven and professional IT Department providing high quality e-learning, learning management software and continuous improvement tools. This is an interesting and complex role that will impart a broad range of skills, which will not only help you to build your career path but will also play a vital part in helping organisations to improve lives.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over 20 years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Must maintain an organised workflow and keep all development projects under strict version control
- Must be versed in and able to work in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to document development work created and accompanying test procedures
- Excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects
- To keep up to date with modern web development technologies
- Must be able to work to development specifications to produce robust and reusable code
- High level of understanding of software development methodologies and techniques
- Must work well within a team environment and be able to discuss development projects with team members and management
- Ability to create advanced unit tests to accompany any code base created
- Strong knowledge of computer languages suited to projects they have been assigned
- To contribute towards our quality objective of achieving 95% of our customers rating our Learning Management System good or excellent
This role requires an individual who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, well-motivated, ready for a challenge, loves solving problems and works extremely well within a team. All projects are run in a SCRUM/Agile environment and require a great level of team work.
- C# - minimum 1 years commercial experience
- SQL/SQL Server 2008+ - minimum 1 years commercial experience
- ASP.NET MVC
- Visual Studio 2012+
- Entity Framework
- Agile Scrum
- Unit Testing
- IIS 7.5+
- TFS 2012+
- Git version control
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Working with top specification software and hardware with exciting developing projects
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.View all vacancies View Careers