Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.9 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Work with UX Designers and Website Owner in developing the company website
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatisation
- Provide technical support to others within the software development team
- Liaise across departments / Scrum teams to ensure commitment of quality
- Maintain an organised workflow and keep all development projects under strict version control
- From time-to-time, assist the sprint teams working on the build and maintenance of the Learning Management System
- Experience of working as part of a Scrum team within an Agile development environment
- Ability to document development work created and accompanying test procedures
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and ensure requirements are met whilst keeping defects to a minimum.
- Adept at solving issues and proposing feasible solutions to requirements and defects.
- High level of understanding of software development methodologies and techniques
- Strong knowledge of computer languages suited to projects they have been assigned
Attitude and Behaviours:
- Must work well within a team environment and be able to discuss development projects with team members and management
- Be determined to deliver agreed requirements in the specified Sprint cycle whilst maintaining quality assurance.
- Work well in a team environment ensuring that collaborative methods are used to meet the teams common goal.
- Must keep up to date with modern development technologies and eager to learn new skills and embrace self-development.
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers