Product Manager (online training content) - c£32,000 - £35,000pa (depending on experience)
Charged with full responsibility for the life-cycle of e-learning content products. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to coordinating new product research and contributing with innovative ideas and solutions as part of the continuous product development process. The Product Manager will need passion and great communication skills collaborating with internal staff, customers and potential customers. They must possess a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They need to be the voice of the user inside the business and must be passionate about the user experience.
They must be able to interface and communicate effectively with all areas of the company but specifically:
- Content, to define product development requirements
- Tactical marketing, to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key features and benefits, and target customers
- Sales, to ensure product positioning, competitive differentials and features and benefits are clear
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to product obsolescence.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by coordinating market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute
- Working with researchers to analyse market research results
- Taking the lead in New Product Development by scoping and developing Customer Value Propositions for each project.
- Building business cases from results and present to the Senior Management Team that include but are not restricted to:
o Hard and soft KPIs
o Sector specifics
o Positioning / segmentation
o Routes to market
- Working cross functionally to launch new products to market, inputting into all aspects of the marketing mix.
- Managing the hand-over of information to tactical marketing, sales and content development
- Monitoring progress of the product through development and ensure that all relevant stakeholders are kept in touch
- Preparing for product launch by liaison with tactical sales and marketing through dissemination of product details/ updates/ availability
- Presenting regular performance metrics and conclusions pertaining to existing products
- Managing incremental improvements across the existing portfolio of products to improve the proposition
- A graduate in Business, Marketing or a related field with credible experience in a Marketing and/or Product Development role
- Someone who has progressively received more responsibility, has a proven track record of results and experience of bringing new products to market in a compelling and successful way
- Commercial acumen
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient proactive and resilient
- Target driven
- Willingness to develop and learn new skills
- Good communication – verbal (comfortable with presenting to large groups) and written
- IT literate / technically minded
- Able to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Co-operative and flexible
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team
If you would like to apply for this vacancy then please send your CV and covering letter to Human Resources – email@example.com. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised.View all vacancies