We have an exciting new opportunity for a Product Owner (CRM/MIS) to complement our existing Technology Development Team in maximising the value of the product and the work of the Scrum Teams. We are looking for an individual who is a strong communicator, highly collaborative and confident in being solely responsible for managing the Product Backlog in addition to having overall accountability for developing our flagship products. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region £30,000 to £40,000 depending on experience.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over two decades. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
You will be responsible for the ownership of the MIS and CRM systems at Virtual College, working with stakeholders across the business to ensure that the system used are aligned and configured to meet the needs of all users.
Reporting to the Product Manager (Technology), your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Working closely with the UX, Development and Project teams in addition to any relevant third parties to refine requirements and backlog items.
- Defining the Product Backlog and Product Roadmap for the nominated product(s).
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer's needs.
- Setting a clear vision and Release Plan for the product(s).
- Constantly re-prioritising the Product Backlog based on customer feedback, market changes and business priority.
- Determining the appropriate product release date and content.
- Actively managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Accepting or rejecting the product teams work results at each Sprint Review meeting.
- Maintaining a basic knowledge of software development.
- Providing a regular reporting including product burn-down metrics, velocity, task definition scope, schedule and planning.
- Working within ISO frameworks and adhering to company policies and procedures.
Because of Virtual College's dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time-to-time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
- Understanding of MIS & CRM, preferably Microsoft Dynamics
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities
- An understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- An ability to demonstrate commitment to keeping sensitive information confidential
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organisation
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Ability to analyse the complexity of proposed changes and/or enhancements to CRM / MIS infrastructure
- Serve as the CRM/MIS subject matter expert
- Experience managing or administering a Microsoft Dynamics 365 system
- Experience in software product development (ideally with experience of working in a testing or developer environment).
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high-quality results
- The desire to be part of, and contribute to, a team environment
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
Interested in the role of Product Owner (CRM/MIS) based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW