We have a fantastic opportunity for a proven Project Manager who has gained experience in delivering a wide range of projects within the last two years. The ideal candidate will be joining the existing Customer Support and Solution team and will play a key role in the successful delivery of both customer-facing and internal projects.
The projects team are key to our success. Our projects help people reach their potential and our success comes through understanding and delivering what people need in order to learn, develop and grow using a methodology that suits their style. Due to the diverse range of our customers, subjects and technologies, no two days are the same. We work with a variety of organisations, each with different needs, challenges and objectives. Every client is unique, made up of individuals with their own learning, development and qualification needs.
Who we are:
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow; and when people thrive, so do their organisations.
Virtual College is for those who have a ‘people first’ mind-set. We want people who are inquisitive and creative in their approach, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
What you will be doing:
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the projects from creation to delivery
- Managing the internal and external relationships resulting in excellent customer service
- Meeting budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Managing changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs, using appropriate verification techniques
- Measuring and managing project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Managing day-to-day operational aspects of the projects
What we are looking for:
- Experience of successfully full project cycle ownership for both customer-facing and organisational projects and programmes; successful project delivery includes full implementation from initiation to deployment for both complex programmes of work and simple initiatives simultaneously
- Experience of successful project delivery within agile, waterfall and blended methodology project management environments
- Experience of successful negotiation and ongoing management of contracts
- Technical competence with various software programmes including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, Lucid Chart, and Trello
- Experience of working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs
- Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment
- Able to demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Experience of working within the e-learning or training sector is desirable
What’s in it for you:
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers
How to apply:
Interested? Then please tell us why you want to work as a Project Manager at Virtual College and send your CV to Human Resources – email@example.com.
Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.