We are currently looking for a temporary Sales Executive to join our Sales Team and contribute to the team’s targets by proactively responding to incoming sales enquires, generating new business from cold and warm leads and supporting existing customers with renewals and repeat business. You will work closely with the team to support our core customer base through new business and account management activity. We are ideally looking for an individual with 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B sales environment.
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Advisor (Team Leader) in Sales, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Generating leads and closing sales for learning technology products amounting to £100,000 in income across the financial year
- Proactively contacting HR departments/ L&D professionals to understand their training and business improvement needs and advising on the best solutions to meet these needs
- Building relationships with prospective and existing clients to understand short and long term opportunities
- Researching and creating target lists and proactive plans for income generation
- Actively supporting repeat business, renewals and up sales from existing customers
- Consistently engaging with existing customers to increase product uptake and supporting continuous sales growth
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience securing order values of between £5-15K
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Experience managing own workload and pipeline
- Knowledge of learning management systems and in-depth knowledge of Enable
- Experience in an e-learning or training environment
- Experience of software sales
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan and Life Assurance
Interested in the role of Sales Executive based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
How to Apply:
Interested? Then please tell us why you want to work as a Sales Executive at Virtual College and send your CV to Human Resources – email@example.com.
Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.