We are currently looking for a Sales Executive to join our Customer Support Team with the aim of maximising the value of the sales and account portfolio through building long term customer relationships. You will work closely with the wider Sales Team to support our core customer base through new business and account management activity. We are ideally looking for an individual with 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B sales environment however we are also interested in speaking with graduates who are keen to start their career in Sales.
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Customer Support Team Leader, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Generating leads and closing sales for learning technology products amounting to £200,000 in income across the financial year
- Responding to and supplying insightful sales support to all incoming customer traffic
- Working alongside existing sales strategy to generate new customer accounts by utilising Virtual College’s core product offering
- Proactively contacting HR departments/ L&D professionals to understand their training and business improvement needs and advising on the best solutions to meet these needs
- Researching and creating target lists and proactive plans for income generation
- Consistently engaging with existing customers to increase product uptake and supporting continuous sales growth
- Working closely with customers as a dedicated account manager to support continuous learning uptake and secure financial renewals and increase sales
- Working closely with Customer Support Executives to support transactional, order processing requirements
- Supporting customers via a range of communication methods including telephone, email, webinar and face to face
- Experience in a sales role within a B2B environment
- Experience generating new business sales from a range of sources
- Experience in supporting or managing customer accounts
- Knowledge of eLearning and Learning Management Systems
- Experience of software sales
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
How to Apply:
Interested? Then please tell us why you want to work as a Sales Executive at Virtual College and send your CV to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.