We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven Sales Manager to lead our education team. In this role you will be responsible for achieving sales growth, customer retention and market penetration in the education markets in line with the B2B business plan.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- To lead and support the sales and account management team to achieve the annual sales growth and customer retention
- To develop coherent market penetration & exploitation plans and lead the sales and account management team to achieve these
- To lead the team as a market, competitor and customer expert, developing and handling a portfolio of customers/new sales opportunities, and supporting sales and account managers with complex customers.
- To work with the market development team to develop the product and service offerings in the sector to best achieve the business growth plans
- To work with the tactical marketing team to agree effective marketing support and to monitor its success
- To line manage the sales and account management team to ensure the potential of all individuals is maximised and to ensure the team progress through the relevant frameworks
- The Sales Manager will be required to work flexibly and where necessary assist or cover for other B2B staff whenever the operational need arises
Because of Virtual College's dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time-to-time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities
- Success in delivering and leading new sales
- Success in delivering and leading account management for maximum customer retention
- Successful line management
- Experience of working in a demanding / high growth / dynamic environment
- Fully Conversant with the relevant market(s)
- Clear thinking and able to develop market exploitation and penetration plans
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to organise team priorities, make decisions and meet delivery times
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers