We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role as a Sales Team Leader in our growing Sales Team. The purpose of this role is to lead a team and contribute to the team’s sale targets through proactively responding to incoming sales enquiries and supporting existing customers encouraging increase in lifetime spend. You will be developing, training and coaching a strong team of Advisors and Business Development Executives to generate new business and increase value of existing accounts.
We are ideally looking for an individual with 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B sales environment who has experience of managing client expectations and securing order values of up to £15,000.
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Manager in Sales, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Generating leads and closing sales for learning technology products amounting to £150,000 in income across the financial year
- Researching and creating target lists and proactive plans for income generation
- Proactively contacting HR departments/ L&D professionals to understand their training and business improvement needs and advising on the best solutions to meet needs
- Working with customers digitally to ensure products and service continue to meet their needs
- Building and maintaining strong professional, commercial relationships with clients
- Actively supporting repeat business, renewals and up sales from existing customers
- Responding to client opportunities, defining requirements and advising on appropriate and innovative learning technology solutions
- Developing, training and coaching a strong team of Learning Technology Advisors and Business Development Executives to achieve individual, team and organisational objectives
- Working closely with the Learning Technology Manager to accurately forecast income and monitor the development of sales pipeline
- Managing performance by objectives and encouraging an environment of self-accountability
- Empowering the team to fulfil their job role successfully through effective training and coaching
- Managing attendance, absenteeism and resource across the team to ensure sufficient cover at all times
- Reviewing existing processes across transactional and account growth activity with the intention of recommending improvements in efficiency and delivery
- Experience in a consultative B2B sales environment
- Experience managing client’s expectations
- Experience securing order values of between £5-15K
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Sales Team Leader based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW