Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.5 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success. We are therefore looking for a driven, passionate and pro-active Social Media Executive to join our busy Marketing department, based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire.
The primary purpose for the role is to execute the social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, bench-marking, messaging and audience identification, ultimately growing our social media audience across all key social media platforms. You will be fostering existing relationships with influencers and influential accounts, identifying influencers suitable for campaigns and managing outreach process. Helping develop the social media and analytics strategy for the company, including campaign preparation and post-campaign analysis. Social media influencer/influential accounts management and upkeep. Assisting in development of analysis & relationship management tools. You will also generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action.
- Honing a brand voice that engages viewers in community building conversation.
- Introduce customer-focused innovations to improve customer satisfaction and gain competitive advantage.
- Work with the Social Media and Editorial teams, interacting and supporting teams across the business.
- Work with the tactical marketing team to coordinate social media activity with overall company content activity
- Respond to and moderate incoming messages on social media, live streams, and email.
- Monitor activities and interaction of our customer via community and social media channels.
- Liaison with operations to understand and assist in meeting the needs of the customer.
- Proactively interact with our customers on Facebook etc. to determine areas that need improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring social conversation, engagement and acting on pertinent posts.
- Support, advice and coordinate crisis communications responses, as issues unfold on social media.
- Work closely with team members at all levels across the organization to resolve customer issues.
- Serves as an escalation point for the customer to resolve any issues and provide internal support.
- Identify customer’s issues and manage the problems through to a satisfactory resolution.
- Act as a resource for other team members, providing recommendations of best practices.
- Improve customer experience quality & productivity by evaluating and help re-designing processes.
- Capture the voice of the customer, collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across the organization.
- Create and optimize support workflows to maximize quality and efficiency.
- Work with the internal teams to help generate new ideas on a regular basis for the creative assets.
- Be responsible for developing innovative social media campaigns across our industry sectors and Brand.
- Responsible for the sourcing and phasing of content for a variety of social media channels and platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google + and LinkedIn.
- Liaise with external digital agencies
Note: Role also include but not limited to other aspect of digital marketing and digital marketing channels.
Because of Virtual College’s dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time to time be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
- Self-starter, with ability to resolved ambiguous customer queries and requests.
- Maintain a calm and collected attitude within a fast paced environment.
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, G+ and other platform insight.
- Ability to adapt the brand voice to different social media platforms and users.
- Ability to be a problem solver and work with other team to resolve any and all customer complain issues.
- The ability to develop effective customer relationships and provide high quality customer support.
- Able to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Strong Communication skills including facilitate communication and understanding among colleagues.
- Proactive attitude – ability to identify opportunities to enhance current processes, procedures, or training.
- Knowledge of e-mail, spreadsheet, presentation and word processing.
- Delivers informative, well-organized presentations.
- Experienced in feedback/problem handling
- Able to respond positively to change, with a determination to succeed
- Thrives in a fast paced, customer focussed environment requiring a high degree of flexibility whilst retaining business disciplines
- Strong understanding if a variety of social media platforms, with an understanding of best practice and usage
- The ability to keep up to date with business developments and ensures that own skills are developed
- Very good understanding of digital media, either from in-house marketing department or agency.
- You will need to have an understanding of Paid Social and performance driven results.
- Experience of planning and managing Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and YouTube campaigns is essential.
- Social media Brand Awareness, Brand Engagement and Lead generation.
- Using initiative and managing your own work load
- Excellent time management skills
- Good administration skills and attention to detail
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Sound perfect? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers