We are looking for two Software Engineers to develop the company’s flagship Learning Management System. You will be joining a team and working closely in an agile environment to create leading web applications to an extremely high standard of quality. This position requires collaborative and highly organised individuals to deliver agreed requirements effectively whilst being able to solve issues and propose solutions to any defects that may occur. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn between £37,000 to £42,000 per annum depending on experience.
This role requires the following skills:
- Microsoft .NET (MVC, WebAPI, Core)
- SQL/SQL Server
- Unit Testing
Experience of any of the following skills is desirable (but not essential):
- Frameworks (React.js, Vue.js, Angular, Knockout.js)
- ES6 / Typescript
- Entity Framework
- Knowledge of Automation Testing
- Microservices (Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift)
- SQL Server 2016
- BI / Data Analysis (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- NoSQL / Document Store
- Agile Scrum
Reporting to the IT Development Manager, you will be working as part of a team and the wider Virtual College team to contribute ideas to support the organisation to meet Virtual College’s Strategic Three Year Plan. Your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable code.
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications.
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs and devising solutions to mitigate and address these issues.
- Helping maintain code quality, organisation whilst following team and industry coding standards.
- Providing technical support to others within the software development team.
- Liaising across departments / Scrum teams to ensure commitment of quality.
- Maintaining an organised workflow and keeping all development projects under strict version control.
- Managing time and resources effectively between projects.
- Working to development specifications to produce robust and reusable code.
- Contributing towards our quality objective of achieving 95% customer rating, with our Learning Management System being rated good or excellent.
- Must have at least 2 years commercial experience of building modern web applications, ideally in an agile environment but not essential.
- High level of understanding of software development methodologies and techniques.
- Strong knowledge of computer languages suited to projects they have been assigned.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Software Engineer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW