We are looking for an experienced Software Tester to join our journey and to play a key part in the development of all our key products within an Agile Scrum environment. Reporting to the Lead Tester, the Software Tester will work closely with the developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to help eliminate any potential issues at the development stage.
Who are we:
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
- Help to contribute towards our quality objective of achieving 95% of our customers rating our Learning Management System
- Work closely with developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to eliminate any potential issues at the development stage
- Manage, plan and prepare tests in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process
- Log all technical issues into the Team Foundation Server for review
- Liaise with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues
- 2 years’ experience or more manually testing web applications
- Exposure to automated testing
- Highly Organised
- Works well in a team
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects.
- Previous experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Enthusiasm for IT and software development
- Automated testing experience
- ISTQB Software Testing certificate
- Basic SQL skills
- Knowledge of HTML
- Working with Performance, Stress, Load testing tools
- Experience with TFS
- Experience of C# and Selenium WebDriver
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Software Tester based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.APPLY NOW