We are looking for an experienced Software Tester to join our journey and to play a key part in the development of all our key products within an Agile Scrum environment. Reporting to the Lead Tester, the Software Tester will work closely with the developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to help eliminate any potential issues at the development stage.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.9 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Help to contribute towards our quality objective of achieving 95% of our customers rating our Learning Management System
- Work closely with developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to eliminate any potential issues at the development stage
- Manage, plan and prepare tests in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process
- Log all technical issues into the Team Foundation Server for review
- Liaise with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues
- 2 years’ experience or more manually testing web applications
- Exposure to automated testing
- Highly Organised
- Works well in a team
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects.
- Previous experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Enthusiasm for IT and software development
- Automated testing experience
- ISTQB Software Testing certificate
- Basic SQL skills
- Knowledge of HTML
- Working with Performance, Stress, Load testing tools
- Experience with TFS
- Experience of C# and Selenium WebDriver
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Working with top specification software and hardware with exciting developing projects
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular team building events and charity fun days, lunch time activities including darts, whole company business updates, excellent work/life balance, opportunities for development, butties on achievement of key milestones, ice creams in summer, family BBQ’s (donations to charity), sporting events and the most amazing Christmas party with competitions and prizes.
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – email@example.com before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers