We are looking for an experienced Software Tester to join our journey and to play a key part in the development of all our key products within an Agile Scrum environment. Reporting to the Lead Tester, the Software Tester will work closely with the developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to help eliminate any potential issues at the development stage. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn a competitive salary.
This role is permanent however we are also keen to consider applications from contractors who are available immediately and are looking for a short-term contract (likely to be a maximum of three months).
Who are we:
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
- Working closely with developers during sprints to test each feature addition precisely to eliminate any potential issues at the development stage
- Managing, planning and preparing test in a repeatable format to test products at various stages of the development process
- Logging all technical issues into the Team Foundation Server for review
- Liaising with the development team to ensure all parties are aware of potential issues
- Prioritising testing effectively and taking a risk-based approach
- Attending planning meetings and assisting in providing test estimations and test planning
- Supporting production rollout
- Executing manual test scripts
- Smoke Testing and Regression Testing
- Helping to contribute towards our quality objective of achieving 95% of our customers rating our Learning Management System
- 3 years’ experience or more manually testing web applications
- Automated Testing Experience
- Previous experience working within an Agile Scrum environment
- Works well in a team
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiasm for IT and technology
- Technical understanding of design and system architecture
- Understanding of risk-based approach
- Proficient at using Team Foundation Server
- ISEB/ISTQB Software Testing certificate
- Basic SQL skills
- Knowledge of HTML
- Working with Performance, Stress, Load testing tools
- Experience with TFS
- Experience of C# and Selenium WebDriver
- Experience in API Testing (Postman or equivalent)
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Software Tester based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW