We are currently recruiting for an exciting new role as a Solution Architect. You will take the lead in the development of appropriate business and IT architectures, leveraging existing technologies and looking at the latest technology trends to meet the needs of Virtual College. Knowledge and experience of micro services as well as cloud technologies is required along with a strong delivery record as Virtual College enters a period of integration and product redevelopments. This position is on a permanent basis and will earn a competitive salary.
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 3.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Chief Technical Officer, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking the lead in the analysis of project requirements and the development of appropriate business and IT architectures
- Leading on the applications architecture strategy and roadmap, working closely with IT teams to ensure delivery according to architectural best practice
- Providing the necessary expertise across the application, integration, data and technology domains
- Working closely with the CTO to guarantee consistent and strategic vision and ensuring technical design informs the production and delivery of the business and technical roadmaps
- Supporting and advising IT teams in the building of solutions and throughout deployment
- Developing and maintaining supporting documentation within the confines of an Architecture Content Framework
- Developing of Policies and Standards and ensuring alignment with these and company policies and procedures as part of project delivery
- Owning the delivery of the Strategy and Architecture of a fully integrated business solution
- Supporting major programmes work to ensure delivery of the business and technology objectives through the continued establishment of Solution Architecture
- Maintaining good relationship with project teams, internal and external customers and suppliers to ensure effective and efficient solutions are delivered
- Strong understanding of databases and data modelling principles (e.g. SQL Server)
- Strong understanding of integration-type technologies: SOA, Web Services, Middleware, Micro Services and related technologies
- Knowledge of application development.
- Knowledge of the Agile process
- A degree in a technical or computer related subject and/or a TOGAF or BCS Architect certification (desirable)
- Experience owning and shaping a group wide Enterprise Architecture roadmap and vision
- Experience of leading successful project delivery as either an architect or design lead
- Experience of architecture assessment and definition of business applications and infrastructure design and migration in complex environments
- Excellent understanding and experience of applying architectural principles across business applications, infrastructure and cloud technologies, including assurance of regulatory, legislative and industry practices
- Ability to translate business requirements and effectively analysing problems and data
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to articulate changes to business processes to stakeholders with differing levels of technical knowledge
- An understanding or knowledge of Learning Management Systems (desirable)
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Solution Architect based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW