We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst to provide technical support in relation to our production systems which are used by our external customers. The role does not require the analyst to answer calls and queries from customers directly but for them to review the call details looking for trends and potential bugs and work with our developers and Product Owners to identify and implement long term fixes. This individual will also perform proactive investigations of system errors to raise issues with the team before they are raised via our Business Support Team from a customer. A good understanding of technology environments and the ability to work closely with development teams essential. This role is based in Ilkley and you would earn £25,000 to £27,000 per annum.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Technical Support Manager, your key duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing and maintaining existing software applications by being involved in the support, project management and communication to help define them where they do not already exist.
- Managing and assisting in the diagnosis of technical support issues and communicating on these issues to aid in their resolution with the Development Team.
- Participating in discussions and informing on support issues and functionality to support the Product Manager and Development Team with carefully thought-out suggestions.
- Managing and maintaining support tickets and information gathering via the relevant software applications.
- Working with Product Owners to help define the Product Backlog items (User Stories) and Bugs.
- Proactively monitoring system error logs for issues before they get reported by customers.
- Diagnosing technical issues with the system and content.
- To QA as required.
- Coordinating technical communications across the technical team.
- Responding to technical requests.
- Carrying out investigations for functionality.
- Providing clear information on software development projects.
- Working within KPIs and SLAs to respond to requests and feedback in addition to providing excellent customer service.
- Working within ISO frameworks and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Because of Virtual College's dynamic approach to business opportunities, you will from time-to-time, be required to undertake other activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
- A comprehensive understanding of each web application’s functionality and how this relates to customer needs and usage
- Self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative and analysing and summarising information
- Exceptional attention to detail
- IT software experience (confidence and passion to learn)
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- To understand and work with KPI’s, SLA’s
- Ability to prioritise and be flexible
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams and individuals to achieve business goals
- Ability to write clear, comprehensive and precise requirements summaries and work tickets
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to drive performance up by continually working to improve processes
- Previous knowledge of Project Management Systems and Software Ticketing Systems
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
Interested in the role of Technical Support Analyst based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.