We are looking for an experienced and collaborative UX Designer to join our journey. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful UX Designer will earn a salary of up to £40,000 per annum.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 3 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
As a UX Designer you will be primarily responsible for ensuring that the whole experience for individuals using our websites or applications is as smooth and as pleasant as possible.
You will be working as part of a team and the wider Virtual College team - contributing ideas to support the organisation to meet Virtual College’s Strategic Three Year Plan. Additional duties will include:
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- Develop, document and maintain design wireframes, mock-ups, and specifications as needed.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders.
- Understanding of accessibility and usability concerns.
- Produce websites and web application user interfaces to specification.
- Work with the Product Owners to plan and design product user experience for all application development.
To be considered for the role of UX Designer you must have experience of conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys. In addition, the following key skills, experience and knowledge are essential:
- Experience wire-framing for applications optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Experience communicating ideas to senior members of staff and other stakeholders.
- Experience working to deadlines.
- Can wireframe components, pages and applications
- Can communicate UX concepts and scenarios
- Can document application and website components and pages
- Can create user personas and stories
- Can run user testing sessions effectively
- Can analyse user feedback
- Excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects.
- Wire-framing software (e.g. Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq)
- Google Analytics
- Carried out A/B and redirect testing, analysed results and implemented improvements
In addition to a salary of up to £40,000 per annum the successful UX Designer will receive the following benefits:
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
Interested in the role of UX Designer based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.APPLY NOW