We are looking for an experienced and collaborative UX Designer to join our journey. The primary purpose for the role is to ensure that the whole experience for individuals using websites or applications is as smooth and as pleasant as possible
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.85 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
Working as part of a team and the wider Virtual College team - contributing ideas to support the organisation to meet Virtual College’s Strategic Three Year Plan.
- Define interaction models, user task flows, and UI specifications.
- Develop, document and maintain design wireframes, mock-ups, and specifications as needed.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Communicate scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to stakeholders.
- Understanding of accessibility and usability concerns.
- Produce websites and web application user interfaces to specification.
- Work with the Product Owners to plan and design product user experience for all application development.
- Experience of conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys
- Experience wire-framing for applications optimised for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Experience communicating ideas to senior members of staff and other stakeholders.
- Experience working to deadlines.
- Can wireframe components, pages and applications
- Can communicate UX concepts and scenarios
- Can document application and website components and pages
- Can create user personas and stories
- Can run user testing sessions effectively
- Can analyse user feedback
- Excellent communication skills and managerial skills to manage time and resources effectively between projects
- Wire-framing software (e.g. Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq)
- Google Analytics
- Carried out A/B and redirect testing, analysed results and implemented improvements
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers
- Working with top specification software and hardware with exciting developing projects
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular Companywide events and charity fun days organised by the Sports and Social Club
- Companywide rewards and recognition
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.
No agencies please.View all vacancies View Careers