We are looking for a Business Development Executive to join our existing sales team as Learning Technology Advisor. You will be joining a team of learning and development experts working to increase our customer portfolio through business development activity. We are looking for individuals with 18 months office-based experience in a B2B sales environment.
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 25 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Learning Technology Team Leader, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work with Learning Technology Consultants (LTC) in line with sector strategies to generate sales opportunities through outbound activity (calls and emails)
- Proactively contribute to and follow communication plans
- Create target lists and manage a consistent follow up and touch point process for opportunity generation
- Handover highly qualified leads to an LTC for demonstration, further qualification and conversion
- Be the first point of contact for inbound sales enquiries via phone and a shared email inbox
- Quickly and effectively respond to inbound sales opportunities to provide high levels of purchaser satisfaction
- Explore immediate and future opportunities early in the sales cycle to identify additional income
- Manage a triage system to ensure existing customers/prospects are put in touch with the correct or most appropriate consultant or support lead
- Works to an income target between £150,000-£200,000
Customer Growth and Engagement
- Works with customers digitally to ensure products and service continue to meet their needs
- Builds strong, personable relationships with customer based on trust and credibility
- Independently explores additional products and services a customer could use to increase investment in training, learning and development
- Successfully review customer data in the CRM to create target growth lists and plan engagement activity
- Reengage with lapsed or ex-customers to re-introduce Virtual College products and services
- Experience in a sales role within a B2B environment
- Experience generating new business sales from a range of sources
- An understanding of the Learning & Development industry
- Knowledge of eLearning and Learning Management Systems
- Experience of software sales
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance, LifeWorks and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
- Full induction programme and specialised product training
- Development in role and progression opportunities
Interested in the role of Learning Technology Advisor based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.