We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner (CRM/MIS) to join our existing Business Solution and Technology Team. We are looking for an individual who is a strong communicator, highly collaborative and confident in being solely responsible for managing the Product Backlog in addition to having overall accountability for developing Virtual College’s CRM and associated data-driven systems. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract.
Who are we:
At Virtual College, we create inspiring learning so that people, organisations and communities succeed and flourish. We do this by putting the learner first and sparking their enthusiasm for learning. We believe the most effective way to deliver great results is to make learning meaningful and engaging, using our experience of delivering training to more than 4.5 million learners and a wide range of organisations.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are naturally collaborative, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We are looking for individuals with a growth mindset, who are interested in trying new things and see the merit in redefining how things are done to make improvements. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
You will be responsible for the product ownership of the MIS and CRM systems at Virtual College, working with stakeholders across the business to achieve a unified platform approach that meets and where possible exceeds the demands of the business.
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with VC senior stakeholders to identify areas where Dynamics 365 functionality can be further developed and leveraged to support VC’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with the wider business to define, prioritise and manage Dynamics 365 Backlog items arising from BAU general improvements and team suggestions alongside the broader platform activities.
- Work within the BS&T team to plan, design and implement the deliverables arising from VC’s Platform Strategy, ensuring a unified approach to system interoperability.
- Manage the relationship with VC’s Dynamics 365 Managed Service Provider to ensure any backlog items that cannot be tackled in-house are escalated to their development or support teams.
- Manage the allocation of Managed Service, Training and Support hours provided by our third party, balancing project and BAU priorities to ensure maximum value is gained from our ongoing contract.
- Act as a point of escalation for business-generated CRM support tickets that cannot be resolved within Tech Support.
- Conduct introductory training for new starters on CRM/Dynamics 365 – and provide ongoing support and training when new features are developed within the system.
- Oversee general system administration and data hygiene within Dynamics.
- Be familiar with both Agile and other project management techniques in order to support VC in its ongoing digital transformation and platform project, with the ability to run workshops, lead discovery sessions and continuously develop ways of working.
- Work within ISO frameworks and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software development lifecycles and activities
- An understanding of software Agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- Knowledge of GDPR responsibilities
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- A clear ability to manage a range of different personality types in a facilitative and mature manner.
- Strong relationship building skills including the ability to relate constructively to all levels of the organisation.
- Strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees.
- Min 1-2 year’s experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics 365 and ideally familiarity with APIs, Integrations, PowerApps and Power BI and would benefit from knowledge around websites and Learning management systems although this is not essential.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- A proven ability to plan, undertake and finish activities to achieve high-quality results.
- Be a clear communicator, deliverer and a driver of change within VC to help achieve its ambitious transformation goals.
- Be an excellent team player, capable of leading when needed, who can demonstrate VCs core values of Customer, Learner focus and Innovation.
- Experience in software product development ideally with experience of working with both in-house and 3rd party development teams and coordinating between them.
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) including flexible working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Extensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by our voluntary Sports and Social team for everyone
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Cash Plan, Life Assurance and MCard Corporate Discount Card for West Yorkshire travel.
Interested in the role of Product Owner (CRM/MIS) based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and Letter of Application detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.