This training pack provides information on the different types of abuse, and what to do if you suspect a child or young person is being abused.
It also looks at sexual exploitation, what it is and how it can be prevented.
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 4-6 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
Upon completion of the Awareness of Child Abuse course, you will understand the different types of abuse there are, and begin to recognise and differentiate between different signs of abuse or neglect. You will understand how to keep accurate records, and understand what to do when you discover or suspect that a child is being abused.
The Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation explains risk assessments and key vulnerability factors whilst covering the roles of various agencies such as the police and social care so you know what your responsibilities are. The training material also includes scenarios to help you to think about what you would do in a real world situation.
Awareness of Child Abuse
- Explain the profound impact some well-known cases of child abuse and neglect have had on legislation.
- Understand the importance of early intervention.
- Make use of national guidance, legislation and your local policies and procedures to guide you in your work.
- Work more effectively with other agencies.
- Define the four main types of child abuse and neglect.
- Follow the appropriate procedures if you suspect child abuse or neglect.
Safeguarding Children from Abuse by Sexual Exploitation
- Explain the background of child sexual exploitation, including definitions, the key legislation and guidance, and some research findings, and recognise the impact on children, young people and families.
- Describe the risk assessment process, including the elements of a good assessment.
- List the categories of risk and what vulnerability factors to look for when undertaking an assessment.
- Describe what to do if you suspect a child is being groomed or sexually exploited.
- List the responsibilities of the key agencies involved in helping children at risk of sexual exploitation, and explain how you can work in partnership with other agencies.
Both courses are accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
Both courses usually take between 1-2 hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is aimed at anyone working in a role in which they have direct contact with children and young people such as social workers, teachers and youth workers.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.