This course bundle provides advanced knowledge about asbestos awareness, and provides employees at any level, in any sector, with guidance that will help them to work safely with hazardous substances, comply with COSHH regulations, and ensure legal requirements for the workplace are fulfilled.
- Meets training requirements for Asbestos Awareness
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in approximately 4-6 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
This course bundle gives an overview of what asbestos is, the history of its use, the risks of exposure to asbestos, and the key legislation around the topic. Learners will be shown how to work with hazardous materials and substances safely and effectively, where they will become confident in their understanding of risks associated with dangerous substances, and the precautions they can take to ensure their safety. Completing this bundle will promote staff awareness in the workplace, leading to greater efficiency, lower insurance costs and a reduction in lost time, whilst fulfilling all necessary legal requirements.
- Describe the properties of asbestos in terms of the risks to and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risk to those who smoke.
- Outline the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) can be typically found within buildings and in plant/equipment.
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs.
- Describe the risks of fibre release from ACMs.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work.
- State the procedures to follow if unintentional contact is made with ACMs and describe appropriate emergency procedures.
- Outline legislation relating to asbestos, particularly with reference to regulations 4 and 5 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR).
Health and Safety at Work
- The key principles of workplace health and safety
- Understand Outline accident prevention, investigation and reporting
- Communicate health and safety information
- Recognise common health and safety hazards and how they can be controlled
An Overview of COSHH
- COSHH legislation.
- Employer responsibilities under COSHH.
- Employee responsibilities under COSHH.
- Harmful substances in the workplace and their effects.
All of the courses within this bundle are CPD accredited. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
This course bundle is estimated to take between 4-6 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Asbestos Awareness takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete, Health and Safety at Work 1-2 hours, and An Overview of COSHH 1 hour. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This bundle is ideal for employees in any business who require health and safety training, whether as preparation for entry to a new job or as a refresher course. Specifically, this bundle would be beneficial to anyone who works in an environment where they are required to know about Control of Substances Hazardous to Health. If your role involves the potential to be in contact with asbestos, including such jobs as construction workers, caretakers, painters and decorators, the Asbestos Awareness course would be particularly useful for you.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.