This Asbestos Awareness, PAT Testing and Fire Safety Training Bundle is made up of three popular Virtual College courses, which are ideal for workers requiring thorough health and safety training.
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 4-6 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
The Asbestos Awareness course provides advanced knowledge about asbestos awareness for people working with and around asbestos. There is an overview of asbestos, the history of its use, the risks of exposure, and key related legislation.
Portable Appliance Testing helps to ensure electrical equipment is safe. The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 require any electrical equipment, which has the potential to cause injury, to be maintained in a safe condition. In order to comply with the IEE Code of Practice, testers must have an understanding of the modes of electrical, mechanical or thermal damage to electrical equipment and appliances and their flexes, which may be encountered in a work environment.
The Fire Safety Training course provides you with the knowledge and understanding required to act safely in the event of a fire in the workplace. It will help learners develop an awareness of key legislation, fire prevention, warning systems, evacuation procedures and the different types of fire extinguishers.
After taking the First Aid Primary Survey course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the properties of asbestos in terms of the risks to and effects on health caused by exposure to asbestos and the increased risk to those who smoke.
- Outline the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) can be typically found within buildings and in plant/equipment.
- Describe the main reasons for the use of asbestos insulation, asbestos insulating board, asbestos cement and other ACMs.
- Describe the risks of fibre release from ACMs.
- Demonstrate an awareness of how you would find information about the presence of asbestos before starting work.
- State the procedures to follow if unintentional contact is made with ACMs and describe appropriate emergency procedures.
- Outline legislation relating to asbestos, particularly with reference to regulations 4 and 5 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR).
After taking the First Aid Primary Survey course, learners will:
- Know the stages involved in PAT testing.
- Recognise the difference between Class I and Class II appliances.
- Know what standards are required in order for an appliance to pass each stage of PAT testing.
- Know where to find more information about re-test frequencies.
- Understand the hazards involved in PAT testing and the precautions that should be taken.
Fire Safety Training:
After taking the Fire Safety course, learners will:
- Understand the key legislation involving fire safety.
- Understand the legal requirements for workplace safety.
- Understand the "Fire Triangle" and how it may be used.
- Know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems.
- Understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation.
- Understand the different types of fire and what the causes may be.
- Understand which types of fire extinguisher to use.
- Be able to take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring.
All three courses are accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
Asbestos Awareness usually takes between 2-3 hours to complete, while PAT Testing takes approximately 1 hour, and Fire Safety Training takes 1-2 hours, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone working in a role involved with asbestos and interested in becoming a competent person in portable appliance testing; the fire safety aspect of the training completes this workplace safety bundle. Some of the applicable job roles include joiners, roofers, architects, plumbers, caretakers, painters/decorators and people working in construction. This list is not exhaustive and there may be other professionals working with asbestos who may benefit from the information contained in the bundle.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.