Employers are required to provide health and safety training to their employees, this training pack is designed to provide valuable information on how to keep themselves, and their colleagues, safe.
This training pack is suitable for anyone working in a role which requires health and safety training or wishes to improve their knowledge.
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 3-6 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
Manual handling regulations are in place to safeguard the health and safety of workers, and it's vital that employers undertake manual handling training to educate themselves about their responsibilities.
Safety risks can be more of an issue when staff are working in isolation without the support of colleagues to help them should an emergency or dangerous situation arise. Safety precautions for lone workers are therefore essential to protect their wellbeing, personal safety and the business they are working for too.
This first aid training course was developed in partnership with First Response Training to provide learners with an overview of how to act safely and effectively in the event of an incident requiring first aid assistance.
Manual Handling in the Workplace
- Explain why it is important to move and handle objects carefully
- Describe how your spine works
- Identify common injuries and explain how to avoid them
- List the key factors to take into account before undertaking the moving or lifting of a load
- Identify key legislation and employer/employee responsibilities
Personal Safety for Lone Workers
- Know what lone working is and why it is an issue worth finding out about.
- Be aware of the responsibilities your employer has to you and what responsibilities you have.
- Know the basic process of how people’s roles are assessed to see what potential risks exist from lone working.
- List some of the key questions you can ask to assess your own situation each time you work alone.
- Recall some key advice on how to act and what precautions to take in order to reduce the risks of lone working.
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, and Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.
All three courses are accredited by CPD. The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
The courses usually take between 1-2 hours each to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training pack is aimed at anyone working in a role which requires health and safety training, or wishes to improve their knowledge.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of more than 10 courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.