This Food Hygiene bundle satisfy a learners legal requirement for working in a food environment and fire safety training and extends to manager and supervisor responsibilities. This First Aid training course was to give learners the knowledge on how to act safely and effectively in the event of an incident.
- Meets training requirements for food handlers
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 12-15 hour/s
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
- The Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering certificate is a great way to boost staff development, give confidence to customers and demonstrate the compliance of your organisation.
-The Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate is aimed at any business striving to achieve a 5* rating under the national hygiene rating system. Boost knowledge, confidence and understanding and receive a high quality certificate, accredited by City and Guilds, to demonstrate training has taken place.
- The first aid course teaches learners to follow the Resuscitation Council (UK) Guidelines for basic to advanced life support training. Learners will know what to do if they are first on the scene of an incident, how to assess the situation as a potential danger zone and understand the importance of the recovery position and how they may apply it.
-This Virtual College online fire safety course helps you to fulfil this obligation by providing your staff with the knowledge and understanding required to act safely in the event of a fire in the workplace. This course will help learners understand the legal requirements for fire safety, gain knowledge of fire prevention and understand warning systems and what to do.
Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering Course:
- Understand common food hygiene terminology
- Understand the impact of foodborne illness
- Know about food law and legislation
- Know how contamination can be prevented and controlled
- Understand food storage and preservation
- Know the importance of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Understand HACCP principles
Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Understand their role in the supervision of food handlers when it comes to food safety and hygiene
- Be able to define food safety hazards, hygiene risks and understand how they may be prevented and controlled
- Recognise the importance of thorough preparation and cooking of food to eliminate dangerous viruses and bacteria
- Understand how to prevent foodborne illness, and the impact of this from a personal and a legal responsibility
- Know how to develop and maintain an effective HACCP system
- Know how to preserve food safely and hygienically
- Understand how to keep premises and equipment clean
- Know how to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- Know how to ensure that staff keep a good standard of personal hygiene
- Understand how to keep the workplace hygienic and safe for food preparation, cooking and storage
First Aid Course:
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone
- Understand what is meant by AVPU
- Understand Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing and Circulation
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it
Fire Safety Course:
- Learners will understand the key legislation involving fire safety
- Learners will understand the legal requirements for workplace safety
- Learners will understand the "Fire Triangle" and how it may be used
- Learners will know how to react in a fire and understand the different warning systems
- Learners will understand the importance of an evacuation plan and key evacuation legislation
- Learners will understand the different types of fire and what the causes may be
- Learners will understand which type of fire extinguishers to use
- Learners will be able to take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring
Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene and Level 3 Food Hygiene are accredited by City and Guilds. First Aid Course and Fire Safety Course are accredited by Continuous Professional Development (CPD). The certificates, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
All courses usually take between one to two hours each to complete (except Level 3 Food Hygiene, which could take up to eight hours), depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
Level 2 and 3 Food Hygiene are aimed at anyone working in catering or hospitality whether employed or self-employed, working in restaurants, hotels, fast food outlets, takeaways, cafes, bars, kitchens, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges.
The First Aid course is suitable for people and businesses looking to learn new first aid skills or refresh their existing first aid knowledge.
The Fire Safety course is targeted at businesses needing to train their staff in fire safety procedures.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.