This Level 2 HACCP Training course is suitable for food industry workers and provides the knowledge required by EU food hygiene legislation.
The Level 3 HACCP Training course guides food safety managers and supervisors through the guidelines to successfully implement and monitor HACCP's seven principles in their workplace.
This first aid training course was developed to provide learners with an overview of how to act safely and effectively in the event of an incident requiring first aid assistance.
- Meets training requirements for food handlers
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in approximately 5-8 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
This training package comprises the following topics:
Level 2 HACCP teaches learners about the HACCP regulations for the management of food safety. It is designed to ensure that food handlers know how to comply with the HACCP Food Hygiene guidelines and can confidently implement food safety practices in their workplace.
Level 3 HACCP provides food supervisors and managers with the training they need to implement a successful HACCP system in their workplace. Those trained to Level 3 are able to successfully introduce and monitor food safety regulations, and ensure that employees are suitably trained and competent to work to internationally recognised HACCP standards.
The First Aid Primary Survey course teaches learners to follow the Resuscitation Council (UK) guidelines for basic to advanced life support training. Learners will know what to do if they are first on the scene of an incident, how to assess the situation as a potential danger zone and understand the importance of the recovery position and how it should be correctly applied.
Level 2 HACCP
- Explain the need for a food safety system based on HACCP.
- Describe how you use HACCP principles to create a food safety system that will ensure the safety of your food.
- Explain the terms used in HACCP and how Critical Control Points (CCP) are derived.
- Understand how using HACCP is applied to the type of food business you work in.
- Explain the need for procedures and documentation to be able to produce consistently safe food.
Level 3 HACCP
- Outline the need for, and importance of, HACCP-based food safety management systems.
- Describe the HACCP approach to food safety procedures.
- Review the legislation relating to HACCP.
- Describe the importance of prerequisite programmes and what they should contain.
- Explain and evaluate the five preliminary steps in the logical application of HACCP.
- Identify hazards and risks in a food preparation or production process.
- Determine critical control points (CCP) for significant hazards and establish critical limits.
- Describe the procedures required for monitoring CCPs and the corrective action procedures when CCPs fail.
- Evaluate HACCP based procedures through documentation and record keeping procedures.
- Outline the review and verification requirements for HACCP-based systems.
First Aid Primary Survey
- Know what to do if you are first on the scene of an accident.
- Be able to assess the situation as a potential danger zone.
- Know the key processes to follow and what to do for each one: Danger, Response, Airways, Breathing, Circulation.
- Understand the importance of the recovery position and how to apply it.
All of the courses within this training package (Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP, and First Aid Primary Survey) have been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Together, the courses usually take between 5-8 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Levels 2 and 3 of HACCP each take 2-3 hours to complete, and First Aid Primary Survey takes 1-2 hours. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout, and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This training package is suitable for anyone who works with food, including food handlers and supervisors, as well as anyone who works in the food industry but does not necessarily handle food. These courses cater to anyone responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of a HACCP system or team, and is also suitable for small business owners and managers, across the catering, retail and manufacturing sectors. The First Aid Primary Survey course is a helpful addition for any employees requiring induction or refresher first aid training.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.