Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, also known as PCI DSS, is a set of standards that all companies storing, processing and/or transmitting cardholder data must abide by.
By completing this course bundle, you will ensure that your staff are aware of how to handle all data, and, together with the cyber security training, you will protect your business and data even more effectively against cyber criminals.
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in approximately 2-3 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificates on completion
Payment Card Industry
This highly engaging online course is designed to simplify compliance by helping you and your staff to understand the requirements and how they apply to a workplace. It explains payment card security in simple terms that all employees will find relevant and extremely useful.
Upon completion of this course learners will be able to reduce every day risks and understand the possible harm that can be caused using real life examples. You will gain a working understanding of the stats and information around cyber security, including the different types of malicious software.
Payment Card Industry
- Confidently state the reasons why you should follow the PCI DSS.
- Summarise the main requirements for PCI DSS and how these apply to your workplace.
- Demonstrate secure card payment data handling when processing cards at point of sale and when the customer is not present.
- Create a secure password.
- Identify possible fraud and security breaches that could compromise your customers’ card payment data.
- Identify the risks associated with cyber activity.
- Explain how to protect your network from attack using anti-malware defences.
- State the process for responding to a cyberattack or suspicious incident.
- Understand the levels of access to data and your restrictions within these.
- Identify additional security measures required for working from home or remote locations.
- Explain the risks associated with the use of removable media and how to maintain their security.
- Implement best practice cyber security guidance into your work, as set out by industry standards and your organisation’s policies.
- Identify the weak points in your network and devices, and therefore where you need to action changes.
The Payment Card Industry and Cyber Security Awareness courses have both been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
Together, the courses usually take between 2-3 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. The Cyber Security course takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete and Payment Card Industry takes approximately an hour to finish. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course bundle is aimed at anyone processing, storing or transmitting payment card data, from large organisations to small, local businesses, and any employees who use devices to store data or connect to the internet in their day-to-day role.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of more than 10 courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.