Drink manufacturers have a legal obligation with the provisions of Regulation (EC) 852/2004 of the European Parliament and the Food Safety Act 1990 to ensure they are trained in food safety and hygiene which is suitable for their work.
This Level 2 food Safety and Hygiene Course satisfies your responsibility to ensure you and your staff are appropriately trained. This material is designed for individuals who are working within drinks manufacturing or drink processing industries including breweries, dairies and bottling plants.
- Online, self-paced training
- Interactive course with colourful animations
- Complete in two to three hours
- 24 hour learner support
- Industry recognised qualification
- Digital certificate on completion
Food and drink are handled in a wide range of preparation and manufacturing processes. This includes drink prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops, as well as for wholesalers and caterers. It is important to understand why food safety and hygiene is important, so that manufacturers can remove potential harm to anyone consuming it, to comply with the law, and to prevent any damage to your business reputation.
Why take this Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks Manufacturers course?
As a drinks manufacturer, it is crucial to ensure that you or your staff are trained in food safety and hygiene. Effective training lowers the possibility of contamination or harm from micro bacterial substances, reduces the risk of foodborne illnesses after consumption, and helps drink manufacturing staff to maintain a high standard of hygiene for the premises.
Upon completion of this training material, your learners will have a basic understanding of food hygiene and safety and how to apply these practices to their work. Learners will understand food law, who food law is enforced by, and the responsibilities of staff and food and drink businesses to ensure appropriate food safety practices are in place for employees. Learners will understand how contamination occurs and how it may be prevented, they will know the seven principles of a HACCP procedure, and understand preservation storage and how to control drinks at different temperatures.
- Introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks
- Foodborne Illness
- Understanding Food Law
- Food and Drink Safety Hazards and Contamination
- Soft Drinks and Ingredients Preservation Storage and Temperature Control
- Personal Hygiene
- Asset Care
- Food Hygiene and Safety for Drinks Summary
By studying this course learners will:
- Understand the preparation and manufacturing processes and the meaning of contamination
- Know the difference between food safety and food hygiene in drinks, recognise why food safety incidents may occur, and understand why food safety and hygiene is important to avoid potential harm and contamination
- Recognise the main foodborne illnesses including microorganisms, chemicals and natural poisons and see how they may affect vulnerable groups in particular
- Look at the differences between the most common examples of food and drink poisoning and foodborne disease and how these may occur
- Understand the responsibilities that food law places on food and drink handlers, who enforces food law, and the penalties for failing to lawfully comply
- Recognise where contamination and risks may occur between the farm, the producer, the factory and the consumer
- Explore the main types of food and drink safety hazards, understand how they can arise, and also how they may be controlled and prevented
- Understand how they may preserve drinks, including appropriate storage and temperature control
- Know how to recognise spoilage in drinks and understand “Best Before” and “Use By” dates
- Recognise the importance of personal hygiene when working in food and drink production
- Be able to ensure that food and drink premises are kept clean, in good condition and pest-free
- Understand the seven principles of HACCP and understand what HACCP means in ensuring drinks are produced safely for customers
The content of this course is City & Guilds accredited. Upon successful completion, learners will receive a digital City & Guilds accredited Level 2 Food Safety Certificate.
Approximately 2-3 hours to complete. As an e-learning module, this training can be completed in convenient stages. The system will record progress throughout.
This course has been designed for individuals working in the drinks manufacturing or processing industries; this could include bottling plants, dairies, and breweries.
There are no specific entry requirements for this Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene for Drinks Manufacturers course.
Test and certificate
The end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test three times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our learner support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
A bulk discount structure applies for this course based on the quantity you buy and is calculated automatically during checkout.
- 10% discount on 10 - 49 courses
- 20% discount on 50 + courses
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our sales team on 01943 885 085.