Aimed at anyone who comes into contact with vulnerable adults this course allows you to understand the range of abuse and risk factors.
By completing this course you will know what to do if abuse is suspected and much more.
- Meets training requirements for statutory training
- Online, self-paced training
- Complete in 1-2 hours
- Interactive course with high-quality animations
- 24 hour learner support
- Instant digital certificate on completion
This course can be undertaken either by professionals or volunteers who work with vulnerable adults.
It explains the issues faced by vulnerable adults, and how you can spot signs of abuse.
- Understand the nature of harm to adults at risk and recognise a range of abuse factors, including the risk factors for radicalisation.
- Understand how healthcare environments can promote dignity and rights through person-centred care to help keep people safe and maximise their decision-making.
- Know what to do if abuse is suspected, how to respond to alerts and referrals and how to reduce risks after a disclosure, including implementing emergency systems and protective strategies for those who decline services.
- Be aware of relevant legislation, local and national policies and procedures and local arrangements for multi-agency safeguarding.
- Understand the purpose of investigations and the roles and responsibilities of the agencies involved, including gathering initial information, the thresholds for investigating and maintaining records and sharing information.
- Know the actions to take if you experience barriers in alerting or referring to relevant agencies, including how to raise concerns within local whistleblowing policy procedures.
This course is accredited by CPD. The certificate, awarded upon successful completion, can be used to log your hours against.
This course usually takes between 1-2 hours to complete, depending on the speed of learning. Learners do not have to complete all the training in one session as progress is recorded throughout and the training can be paused and resumed in our learning management system at any time.
This course is aimed at anyone who works with vulnerable adults such as care workers, befrienders, social workers, etc.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
Test and certificate
Each end of course test consists of 15 multiple choice questions. Learners are required to achieve a 75% pass mark, and, if necessary, may attempt the test six times at no extra cost.
If learners do not achieve the 75% pass mark, further attempts may be given by contacting our support team.
Learners will be able to download a digital certificate on completion of each course. This can be printed, and we suggest you keep it for your records.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need an e-mail address to buy this course?
Yes, you will need an e-mail address to buy this course. This is because we use your e-mail address to create an account for you in our learning management system - where you will take the training. We also need your email address to send your purchase receipt.
If you buy more courses in future using the same e-mail address during checkout, then these will automatically be added to your system account.
If you pay by PayPal, we will use your PayPal email address to create your system account.
Can I buy this course and give it to other people?
Yes, you can buy the training using your own email address and then give it to other learners from your system account.
Each learner will need to have their own email address. This is so that we can send them a link to the training and give them their own system account.
Is there a refund policy?
We want you to be completely satisfied with your training. We offer a 30 day, no hassle, no quibble, money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied.
To request a refund, you should email our learner support team with your receipt stating why you would like to be reimbursed. You, or your learners, must not complete the training in order to make a valid refund claim.
Will the course work on a tablet or mobile phone?
We recommend using a desktop or laptop for the best learning experience. This course can also be taken on tablet and mobile devices - including iPads and iPhones.
Is a specific internet browser recommended?
For the best possible experience, we recommend learners use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox. Please ensure there are no updates pending on your browser.
How long do learners have to complete a course?
There is no set completion time for this course. Learners can study in their own time at their own speed and may pause, leave and come back to the system to continue the training at any time.
Does the course contain sound?
Yes, this course contains sound. For those without sound on their computer or device, the narration is covered in an optional text box at the bottom of the training.
How long is the certificate valid for?
There is no set time for how long this certificate is valid for. It is generally recognised that certificates are renewed every three years.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of more than 10 courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.