This Hospitality: Giving Customers a Positive Impression course provides an overview of key customer service issues in a hospitality setting relevant to all positions within hospitality.
By completing this course you will be meeting your legal obligations and minimising the risk of bad publicity or legal action.
By completing this course learners will be aware of the following legislation:
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Equality Act 2010
- Consumer Protection Act 1997
- Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994
On completion of this course learners will:
- Know how to establish positive relationships with customers
- Identify the importance of correct appearance and behaviour
- Describe the importance of recognising customer needs and expectations
- State the importance of product knowledge when relating to customers
- Identify signs of when a customer is angry or confused.
- Understand why organisations have policies and procedures
- Describe the legal frameworks by which organisations provide goods and services to customers
- State the importance of contractual agreements that customers have with organisations
- State the importance of codes of practice and standards that affect the way products and services are delivered to customers
- Know how to communicate information to customers
- State why there are limits an individual’s responsibilities when dealing with customers
- State the importance of clear, polities and confident communication
- Identify different methods of communication
- Describe when the different methods of communication are
When you’ve completed this online training you will sit an online test and, once successful, you can download your Virtual College certificate.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- First impressions
- First impressions count
- Appearance and behaviour – good or bad practice?
- Body language
- Communication – using the phone
- Communication – written
- Meeting customer requirements
- Services required by user groups
- Consequences of not meeting expectations
- Identifying dissatisfied customers
- Dealing with complaints
- Know your products
- Knowing your products and services
- Housekeeping staff
- Bar person
- Food service staff
- Legal aspects
- Health and safety at work act 1974
- Data protection act 1998
- Equality act 2010
- Consumer legislation
- Sale and supply of goods act 1994
- Codes of practice
- Summary and recap
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hospitality setting.
Approximately 1-2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. The course is self-paced with approximately 73 interactive screens with multiple components. You do not have to complete all the training in one session. Your progress will be recorded throughout.
This course is CPD Certified.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How it Works
This is an online course which is studied via the Virtual College Learning Management System, Enable. All of the training is taken online. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can also revisit the training material, even after you have completed the course.
Four easy steps to e-learning
Step 1: Find a course
You can buy one or more courses online for yourself or others and, whether you know what you’d like to study or would simply like to browse, finding a course is easy.
Here are some ways you can quickly find the information you need:
- Search for a course using search box
- Click "courses" on the top navigation. This page will show a complete list of courses, ordered by our best sellers and new releases
- Browse courses by category, for example Safeguarding
Step 2: Buy the course
When you've found the course you want simply click on “Add to basket”. You can then continue shopping or check out and make a secure payment via the PayPal payment screen. This allows you to pay with most popular credit or debit cards or your PayPal account, and receive your receipt by email.
All our payments are dealt with by PayPal; one of the world’s most well-known payment providers – Great Britain’s no 1 preferred online and mobile payment method, so you can be sure that your payment will be safe and secure. Here at Virtual College we never even get to see your credit card details!
Once your purchase has gone through you will be able to continue to a login screen. Enter your name and create a password if prompted. This will log you into our Learning Management System (LMS) where you will be able to take the course or allocate it to other people.
You can purchase more than 10 courses online, however if you wish to purchase more than 10 courses, and you would like to be invoiced in advance, you can e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our sales team on 01943 885 085.
Step 3: Take the course
For the best possible internet browser experience we recommend you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox.
You will get a better learner experience if you have sound enabled. Most computers come with built-in speakers, but the narration will generally be written in text on the screen for you to read if you don't have sound turned on.
The course is interactive and you may need to click on parts of the screen before you can advance. This will be obvious as the narration and text will tell you what to do or the links will pulse and flash. The system will remember where you left off and take you back there, but you can go over any part of it as many times as you want to and take as long as you want.
You can write your own notes for the course and print them off or simply store them to access later any time you view your course.
When you get to the end, you will be presented with an assessment to check your understanding. Don't worry; in most cases you can take this assessment three times at no extra cost, and we have policies and procedures in place for adding further attempts.
Step 4: Your certificate
You will be able to print your own certificate at the end of the course.
Some courses also include the option of a high-quality posted certificate, for example our Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene courses.
Bulk discounts are available on purchases of 10 or more courses.
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please call our sales team on 01943 885 085 to make an enquiry.