This Hospitality: Principles of Customer Service in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism course provides information to teach employees about customer service, which is vital in the hospitality industry.
By completing this course you will be improving your workforce and minimising the risk of bad publicity.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- State the role of the organisation in relation to customer service
- Identify the characteristics and benefits of providing excellent customer service
- Understand why it is important to show good product knowledge to achieve organisational success
- List the effects of behaviour, motivation and a positive attitude on achieving good customer service
- Explain why personal presentation is important in customer service
- State how good communication skills are a vital part of providing excellent customer service
- Identify customers’ needs and expectations and how these can be met or exceeded
- Understand how to deal with complaints and the importance of complaint handling procedures.
When you’ve completed this online training you will sit an online test and, once successful, you can download your Virtual College certificate.
The subjects covered in this module include:
- Features of customer service
- He heart of a business
- Ken’s nine top tips
- Applying Ken’s nine top tips
- The benefits of excellent customer service
- Ken’s reflective questions
- Individual benefits
- Organisational benefits
- Customer needs and expectations
- Internal and external customers
- Internal or external?
- Online feedback
- Customer expectations
- Customer needs
- How do you view complaints?
- Handling complaints
- An opportunity to improve
- Following procedures
- Company complaints procedure
- How are we doing?
- Product knowledge
- Applied product knowledge
- Role of the organisation
- The Grand’s brand standard
- Customer reviews
- Summary and recap
This course is suitable for anyone working in a hospitality setting.
Approximately 1 hour. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. The course is self-paced with approximately 53 interactive screens with multiple components. You do not have to complete all the training in one session. Your progress will be recorded throughout.
This course is CPD Certified.
On completion of this course you will be able to print a Virtual College certificate.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
How it Works
This is an online course which is studied via the Virtual College Learning Management System, Enable. All of the training is taken online. The course is self-paced so you decide how fast or slow the training goes. You can also revisit the training material, even after you have completed the course.
Four easy steps to e-learning
Step 1: Find a course
You can buy one or more courses online for yourself or others and, whether you know what you’d like to study or would simply like to browse, finding a course is easy.
Here are some ways you can quickly find the information you need:
- Search for a course using search box
- Click "courses" on the top navigation. This page will show a complete list of courses, ordered by our best sellers and new releases
- Browse courses by category, for example Safeguarding
Step 2: Buy the course
When you've found the course you want simply click on “Add to basket”. You can then continue shopping or check out and make a secure payment via the PayPal payment screen. This allows you to pay with most popular credit or debit cards or your PayPal account, and receive your receipt by email.
All our payments are dealt with by PayPal; one of the world’s most well-known payment providers – Great Britain’s no 1 preferred online and mobile payment method, so you can be sure that your payment will be safe and secure. Here at Virtual College we never even get to see your credit card details!
Once your purchase has gone through you will be able to continue to a login screen. Enter your name and create a password if prompted. This will log you into our Learning Management System (LMS) where you will be able to take the course or allocate it to other people.
You can purchase more than 10 courses online, however if you wish to purchase more than 10 courses, and you would like to be invoiced in advance, you can e-mail us on email@example.com or contact our sales team on 01943 885 085.
Step 3: Take the course
For the best possible internet browser experience we recommend you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11 or Firefox.
You will get a better learner experience if you have sound enabled. Most computers come with built-in speakers, but the narration will generally be written in text on the screen for you to read if you don't have sound turned on.
The course is interactive and you may need to click on parts of the screen before you can advance. This will be obvious as the narration and text will tell you what to do or the links will pulse and flash. The system will remember where you left off and take you back there, but you can go over any part of it as many times as you want to and take as long as you want.
You can write your own notes for the course and print them off or simply store them to access later any time you view your course.
When you get to the end, you will be presented with an assessment to check your understanding. Don't worry; in most cases you can take this assessment three times at no extra cost, and we have policies and procedures in place for adding further attempts.
Step 4: Your certificate
You will be able to print your own certificate at the end of the course.
Some courses also include the option of a high-quality posted certificate, for example our Level 2 Food Safety and Hygiene courses.
A bulk discount structure applies for this course based on the quantity you buy and is calculated automatically during checkout.
- 10% discount on 10 - 49 courses
- 20% discount on 50 + courses
If you wish to discuss a large individual order for this course, and/or would like to be invoiced in advance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our sales team on 01943 885 085.