Their role consists of registering providers; monitoring, inspecting and rating services; taking action to protect people who use services and using their independent voice by publishing their findings.
Therefore it is important that professionals comply with current legislation and regulations as well as ensuring the quality and safety of their services meet the fundamental standards of care.
This document provides an overall guide of the CQC including:
- The services they regulate
- How they monitor and inspect the standards of services
- How they rate and report on the standards of services
- What their statutory powers are
- What their enforcement policy consists of
- Their ability to force improvement
- And how they hold providers and individuals to account.