Capture learners’ attention with interactive learning games
E-learning gamification refers to any application of game elements to online training content, for example, creating a simple plot that learners work through in order to complete a section.
Entertaining learners and encouraging them to explore a story increases engagement with course materials. This deeper involvement with the content can help learners to recall information more efficiently, improving retention and success.
Key benefits of e-learning gamification
- Enhanced learning experience and increased engagement
- Improved retention
- Encourages healthy competition with use of leader boards
- Immediate feedback, such as badges or progress bars to mark achievements
- Can be applied to a variety of learning needs including induction and compliance training
Gamification in action
Written by experienced hospitality industry professionals, the Virtual College Online Hospitality Suite uses ‘gaming’ type rewards to encourage engagement and completion.
As part-time and seasonal staff requirements are particularly high in the leisure sector, these resources are ideal for rapid, cost effective induction. or refresher training.
- The learner takes the place of staff on shift in a hospitality environment, meeting different teams
- The characters in the module narrate the story and introduce the challenges to the learner
- The learner must complete all of the online challenges and tasks in order to complete the module and receive a reward
Some of our courses that use gamification
Cleaning and Servicing
By completing this course your employees will know how to meet your organisation’s standards, be aware of the different types of equipment in hospitality, understand how to tackle unexpected situations, learn how to perform safe lifting and carrying techniques and become aware of the maintenance procedure.
Effective Working Relationships
By completing this course you will have looked at how to work in a team, develop your skills within the team and the different skills you need to be part of a team.
Safe, Hygienic and Secure Working Environments
By completing this course your staff will be aware of their own responsibilities for health and safety in your workplace, making it safer for both employees and customers.
Principles of Customer Service
This course will help employees understand the benefits of excellent customer service and how to use them in order to provide for the customer’s needs and expectations.