It is important with any software system to make sure your systems are compatible. Every care has been taken by Virtual College to create a flexible platform, but some items do need considering.
Virtual College’s Enable is a hosted web-based application, so in order to access the system users require access to the internet.
The system works on all common operating systems, including tablet, iPads and mobile devices. For desktop computers/laptops we recommend the following:
- Windows Vista and above to Windows 7 and above
- OSx Snow Leopard 10.6 and above to OSx Yosemite 10.10 and above
- iOS 10 and above
- Android Lollipop, Marshmallow and Nougat
Our systems are fully compatible with the follow internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer (IE) 11 and above
- Microsoft Edge (Our courses are not currently compatible with Edge)
- Google Chrome latest version
- Mozilla Firefox latest version
To check what browser you are using you can visit https://www.whatsmybrowser.org/
The reason for the above internet browsers is due to the capability of the system to work on smaller devices such as tablets, iPads and mobiles. The web software we use cannot be rendered on older internet browsers. In addition, security updates to older internet browsers are now being discontinued.
Very occasionally a strict system will restrict access to the main system. In this rare occasion the application https://www.vc-enable.co.uk/ and all subdomains of this site will require whitelisting.
The sub domains are;
- https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com - optimises the delivery of web pages to ensure load times are as fast as possible and perform and the highest level possible
- https://ajax.googleapis.com – allows data to be sent to pages without refreshing the page
- https://vc-enable-cdn.co.uk – the network that delivers the Enable LMS to users
- https://www.google.com - allows the use of Recaptcha
- https://www.google.com/recaptcha/intro/index.html - This is used to prevent attacks on the system from unauthorised attackers
- https://courses.virtual-college.co.uk – one of two Virtual College servers where the system content is stored
- https://navbarnetty.virtual-college.co.uk – one of two Virtual College servers where the system content is stored
Email statement for LMS domain customers
To ensure successful delivery of automated emails from our systems (eg password resets etc), it is highly recommended that our sending domains virtual-college.co.uk & vc-enable.co.uk are whitelisted. Our sending IP is 220.127.116.11.
- Emails are sent from a Tier 3 datacentre which is subject to stringent access controls.
- All servers within this environment are continually monitored and OS hardened.
- We employ SPF, Sender ID and DKIM as proof of sender.
- We continually monitor blacklists to ensure our servers are not listed.
- We do not use a mail transfer agent and send direct to DNS. This allows quick diagnosis and by working with customers we will always overcome any mail issues.
- SMTP logs are archived, and current ones checked regularly
If you would like to discuss any of the above, please email our support line at email@example.com