Learning Technologies 2018 is set to be one of the learning and development sector's biggest ever showcases - so it's important to plan your trip properly to make sure you get the most out of the experience.
Learning and development professionals across Europe and beyond are currently counting down the days to Learning Technologies 2018, which promises to be one of the most exciting and enlightening showcases of this fast-moving sector has yet seen.
Taking place on January 31st and February 1st at London's Olympia, the conference has been billed as Europe's leading showcase of organisational learning and the technology used to support it, with more than 8,000 visitors set to pack out the two exhibition halls. Over the two days, more than 200 exhibitors will demonstrate the latest learning technologies and best practice innovations, with around 150 free seminars scheduled.
As such, it's important for LT 2018 attendees to make sure they take the time to properly plan their trip in advance, as this will ensure they don't end up missing out on anything this amazing show has to offer.
Before the show
With so much to see and do at LT 2018, it'll be difficult to fit everything in without devising a plan of action beforehand:
- Get your priorities clear - you'll have a clear idea in your head of which exhibitors and seminars you can't afford to miss during LT 2018, so it's a good idea to set out a list of priorities, setting aside time to attend the must-see events. That'll make it easier to allocate the remaining time to other booths you might be interested in, or to simply wandering, mingling and seeing what catches your attention.
- Make a schedule - some events at LT 2018 take place at set times or may require you to make an appointment in advance, so make sure you put together an advance schedule that'll get you to where you want to be. If you're travelling with colleagues, work out an efficient plan of action that'll allow you to cover as much ground as possible!
- Come prepared - getting the most out of LT 2018 might require you to do a bit of homework, so set aside some time to figure out the smartest questions to ask the various vendors, and make sure you're well stocked-up on business cards and the like. Don't forget practical considerations, either - that means bringing smart clothes that are comfortable enough to withstand long days of walking, meeting and greeting, and bags that are big enough for all the promotional items you'll accumulate!
During the show
With a solid plan in place, you'll be all set for a packed two days at the Olympia for LT 2018. Here are a few tips to make a great event even better:
- Take advantage of the networking opportunities - there are few destinations better than LT 2018 for networking with industry leaders, so make sure your name tag is positioned prominently, and start introducing yourself to as many people as possible! With so many people to meet and greet, try and keep your chats concise; if you want to talk for longer, it'll always be possible to arrange a fuller conversation at a later point.
- Be flexible with your schedule - as important as it is to plan your day in advance, it's worth remembering that your schedule won't be set in stone: if events are delayed or moved around, don't be afraid to adapt your timetable accordingly! That might also mean skipping an overly crowded booth you'd planned to visit and returning later, when the foot traffic has died down.
- Stay well-fed and hydrated - with so much to do at LT 2018, it can be easier to forget to stop off for food and drink, but staying refreshed is vital if you're going to have a good experience, so don't neglect your own basic needs!
After the show
The doors will close on LT 2018 on the evening of February 1st, but that doesn't necessarily mean the end of your conference experience:
- Follow up with your new contacts - you'll doubtlessly be making valuable connections over the two days, so don't forget to stay in touch after the show! By sending a quick message or LinkedIn invitation, you can firmly establish these useful contacts in your professional circle, potentially creating exciting opportunities for yourself later down the line.
- Think about how you'll implement what you've learned - LT 2018 is home to the most cutting-edge innovations in learning and development methods and technologies. If any catch your interest at the show, have a think about how they could be implemented within your organisation, and what benefits they could bring. By striking while the iron's hot, you could be giving your company a potentially vital competitive advantage!