Can you read, write and speak Modern Standard Arabic? Do you have an eye for detail? If the answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for an Arabic Speaking Production Co-ordinator to join us on a fixed term contract until the end of December 2017. The aim of the role is to ensure that the content produced by the Content Development Team is free from errors. For example, ensuring content works functionally, is free of grammatical errors and that audio and narration works to agreed standards.
Virtual College has been one of the UK’s leading providers of online learning for over twenty years and has delivered training to over 2.85 million learners. At the Learning Technology Awards 2016/2017, we achieved gold for the prestigious ‘Learning Technologies Supplier of the Year'.
Our vision is to achieve "20 million online learners by 2020" and having a workforce who embrace our values of being Passionate, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Innovative and Demonstrate Integrity – all are integral to our success.
- Completing proofreading checks to editorial standards and produce appropriate amends packs (predominantly Arabic with some English)
- Coordinating proofreading checks with external editors and proof-readers ensuring that agreed standards and deadlines are met (predominantly Arabic with some English)
- Completing quality and functionality checks to agreed standards and produce appropriate amends packs
- Ensuring that all checks are completed on appropriate paperwork and follow agreed processes
- Completing appropriate logging and tracking documents as required by the Production Manager (Standards)
- Working collaboratively with other sub teams within Virtual College. In particular sub teams within the Content Development function and Quality
- Attending and actively contributing to team meetings to ensure the team meets targets, expectations and continuously improves. For example attending stand-up meetings, quality meetings and wider team meetings
- Meeting team and individual targets and standards
- Achieving project and production schedule deadlines
- Strong levels of written Modern Standard Arabic and English, including grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Attention to detail and strong levels of concentration
- Testing and proofreading experience
- Proficient software user, including all Microsoft Office packages
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with both internal and external colleagues
- Comprehensive induction & ongoing training, 3% matched contribution Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan, Life Assurance and Childcare Vouchers.
- Hours of work are 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday)
- Regular Companywide events and charity fun days organised by the Sports and Social Club
- Companywide rewards and recognition
Interested? Then please send your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary to Human Resources – firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date. Please state clearly where you saw the position advertised and which role you wish to apply for. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.View all vacancies View Careers