We have a unique and exciting opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join our journey and complement our existing Operations team. We are looking for an individual who has a strong commercial and financial understanding and someone who has worked in a similar role. Based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire, the successful candidate will join our business on a permanent contract and earn in the region £35,000 (depending on experience).
Virtual College has been one the of the UK’s leading Learning Technology providers for over 23 years. We believe that the digital vocational learning that we create has the power to inspire people and help them grow. We know that when people grow, so do the organisations they work for.
Virtual College is for those who think people first. We want people who are inquisitive, who naturally collaborate, who thrive when faced with a challenge and who actively seek variety and responsibility. We pride ourselves on our people, and it is these people that make Virtual College a great place to work.
Reporting to the Finance Director and working with teams across the business, your key duties will include, but not limited to:
- Continuing the development and application of standard commercial terms for our customers, liaising with the company’s solicitors as required.
- Co-ordinating application of pricing strategy
- Co-ordinating development of new and update to existing service descriptions, in line with the business’s commercial strategy
- Preparing and reviewing contractual engagement terms for non-standard projects
- Promoting best commercial practice across the business
- Self-motivated and capable of working on their own initiative
- Strong commercial and financial understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of drafting contractual requirements
- Good understanding of legal clauses and contractual terms
- Experience of liaising with lawyers
- Good IT skills
- Good attention to detail / detail orientated
- Effective negotiator
- Team player / able to see the bigger picture and work in the best interests of VC
- Experience of collaborative working, driving projects
- Experience in the e-learning industry or other learning services
- Experience in managing a team
- Hours of work covering 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday) choosing a start time of 8am, 8.30am or 9am to suit you
- 22 Days Holiday (excl Bank Holidays)
- Comprehensive induction programme and ongoing training and development
- Regular charity and social events organised by the Sports and Social Club, “by the staff, for the staff”
- Contributory Pension Scheme, Simply Health Plan and Life Assurance
Interested in the role of Commercial Manager based in Ilkley, West Yorkshire? Then please apply by submitting your CV and covering letter detailing your current salary. We are an Equality & Diversity employer.APPLY NOW